Chapter 1: Meeting Each Other

Adam Mason's POV:

I picked up the folders for today's interviews and flipped through each one, glancing at them and groaning. Each one just got more depressing by the minute. Our current intern pool was picked purely because we needed to meet the state requirement for "opportunities". We used to pick interns based on qualifications and their experiences, now it's just a bunch of preps that were chosen because of the fizzled out connections that they paid for.

I stepped into the Interview Room, cracked open a sparkling water and waited for the first mumbling, unprepared person to step through my office. After a while, my father's secretary, also known as my mom, stepped through the doors and handed me another file.

"I think you'll like this one. You father hand picked her." She told me with a hair ruffle. I rolled my eyes at her retreating back and didn't bother looking at the file.

I was flipping through my notes for Honors Algebra 1 when my secretary, Teresa, poked her head through the door and told me,

"A few interns from the pool have arrived, but most of them are running late. Should I let the first one in? It's a Justin B. "

"Yep," I replied, opening the file labeled Justin Bartholemew and waited for him to walk through the doors.

When he finally did so, he waited by the doors and looked like a nervous wreck.

"Please take a seat Mr. Bartholemew. Would you like a water?" I asked, trying to make him feel slightly better. I'm not a complete jerk when interviewing interns.

"N..no, thank you." He replied, wringing his hands to no extent.

"I'll be interviewing you for the position you were notified for, which I have on record as an internship with our seasonal program. Is that correct?"

"Yes."

"First off, what are you passionate about?" I asked, following the script that was discreetly hidden within his file.

"Um. I like surfing and history. I'm also a fan of football." He answered, unsure of himself. I put a check next to honest and asked him a few other questions, most of which were the basics of getting a job with us. He had passed my test for an internship with us, but I wasn't going to tell him, or he'd get a big head about it.

"We will reach out to you within the next business week about your position with us," I concluded diplomatically, getting up and shaking his clammy hand.

He left, and I could see that there were only a few people sitting in the waiting area. I glanced at my watch and saw that the grace period was over for delays. I walked out and told Teresa,

"Anyone who isn't here is immediately disqualified. Please take their names off the check in list and notify them that they are no longer qualified to interview. And send in the next one."

Next, a blonde, leggy lady came in her outfit which was the epitome of unprofessional. One should never wear more than 5" heels to an interview for an internship. After listening to her robotic speech, I gave her the same answer I gave to Justin.

I just wanted to be done with this, but I still had one lady in the waiting area I figured I should give a chance to. I picked up the last file and skimmed over it.

Pressing the intercom between Teresa and my phone, I told her to take the night off.

I walked out into the waiting area and said,
"Ms. Leslie Stephens? I'm Mr. Mason, I'll be interviewing you today. Please follow me."

She nodded her head and followed me. When she sat down, I offered her a water, but she declined. Staring at the file, I saw that she was younger than most interns chosen for even an interview.

I asked the basic questions, and she answers then honestly and diplomatically. I had one last question for her,

        "Ms. Stephens, do you agree with the following statement, personal loves do not belong in workplace relations."

        She answered without hesitation,

            "Yes,"

        The confidence in which she replied to that assured me that I was about to make the right decision for the company.
------

Hey guys!

       I hope you liked the first chapter of Our Office Love!

I will most likely be updating this book once a week since I don't want to neglect my other works in the process.

**Self-promo:

     If you haven't checked out my other stories, Made With Love and 6 Girls, 1 Project please go check them out!

Don't forget to share, comment, and VOTE!

That's all for now! :)