Christmas ball

‘Neziana!!..... Welcome!!!’Lucy exclaimed as she received me at the door. ‘Wow! You’re looking beautiful’ she complimented looking at me.  ‘Thank you Lucy and it’s a wonderful party, it’s beautiful’

I said as my eyes drifted across the lavish furnishes, Lucy was my friend and she was rich being  the daughter of the mayor of the town, despite being extremely beautiful and rich her heart was made of gold. Bestowed with great beauty and intelligence she was every man’s ideal wife. Her hair was like liquid gold falling in curls over her shoulders, the piercing blue eyes suited best in the pale complexion of her skin and her lips were of the pinkest shade. Though she was a year or two elder to me we always were like mates of the same age. ‘Hello Neziana’ I was startled to find Edmond Lucy’s elder brother right in front of me then I realized that I had been dreaming and walking around for at least 15 minutes. ‘Oh! Hello Mr Dawson’ I said getting hold of myself. ‘Are you okay?’ He asked. ‘Yes I am fine Mr Dawson’ I said stealing glances towards the dance floor.

‘Would you like to have a drink?’

‘Yes sure... white wine will be good’

He gestured to one of the staff there to get two glasses of white wine and led me to a seat from where we could have a clear view of the people dancing. After a minute or so the servant returned with the wine. ‘Nice party Mr Dawson’ I said as I tasted the wine. ‘Edmond’ he corrected ‘we know each other since we were children Neziana; I think we can call each other by our first names’

‘Fine, if you insist Edmond’ I said ‘the wine is wonderful, thank you’

‘My pleasure lady’ he smiled. He was one of the most sought after bachelors, mostly all the son in law seeking mamas tried to hook him, he was a very successful young man and there were rumours about him that he had killed a vampire when he was a little older than 18. God knows to what extend were these stories true. Well now he was a little over 25 but the rumours that really concerned I was my brother’s disappearance. ‘Hey, there you are lost again’ he smiled as he clicked his fingers across my face. ‘Sorry, ever since I lost my brother I always wonder about his disappearance’ I apologised, ‘I am sorry about that’ he said, his face grim. ‘You should not be sorry, unless you are the one who abducted him’ I smiled. He nodded his head and then stood up, I thought he was going but to my surprise

‘Can we have a dance together?’ he asked in a formal manner.

I was stunned I said nothing, wondering if he had asked me because he felt I was pitiful or just out of formality there were no other reasons that I could think of.

‘Shall we?’ he asked again with head tilted and an eyebrow rose, wondered how he did that because I could never do that, raise an eyebrow even in a million years.

Sure I said and extended my hands, taking my hand he led me to the dance floor and we began to waltz.

‘You dance very well Neziana’ he said as we made our way dancing amidst the other dancers.

‘So do you Edmond’ I said and the music shifted to ball.

‘Thank you Mr Dawson’ I said as he helped me out of the carriage. ‘My pleasure Neziana and how many times do I have to remind you that it’s Edmond okay Edmond’ he corrected me again; I don’t know why I went back to calling him Mr Dawson again.’ Fine Edmond,’ I said ‘thank you’. ‘ My pleasure Neziana, take care and good night’ saying this he whipped the horse and as he went he shouted ‘Merry Christmas’. I waved as he went and turned to go up to the door when I suddenly felt a grip on my shoulder and everything grew dark and all I knew was some people saying in hushed voices ‘carry her to the carriage.’

here is the 2nd chapter, it took a long time for me to upload   :P, I'll make it quicker next time and sorry for the grammatical mistakes, your feedbacks are most welcome!