Connor rests an arm on my shoulder, slightly calming me.

"Strike now" my wolf commands but I ignore him.

Flicker would be in more harm than good if we attacked now and I knew from my years of planning ambushes and nights of studying war strategy that we needed back up if we wanted any chance at saving her.

I take a moment to study the rogues who would be unmercislessly slaughtered before the sun went down today. I had heard of this small rogue pack before, they had successfully managed to capture the Luna of the moonlight pack years before. Apparently the Alpha was forced to surrender a large sum of money to these filthy rogues.

The slight shift in the area alerts me to the presence of my beta and our other pack warriors in the vicinity.

Connor nudges me slightly and I momentarily switch my attention from Flicker to him. In his hands lay one of our many guns loaded with silver bullets . I didn't want to make their death quick and easy, personally I wanted to rip their body to shreds, until all that lay on the ground was tattered skins and organs.

But at this current moment, this was the safest way to keep Flicker out of danger. I take the gun from Connor, gripping the cold piece of metal tightly.

I wait for the wind to shift before pulling the safety off and aiming the gun, still partially hidden in the bushes.

Closing one eye, I focus on my target. Flicker and the target were in such close vicinity, one incorrect shot, one wrong move and there'd be no point in saving her she already be dead.

I try not let these thoughts consume me, I needed to focus.

"You won't hit her " Connor says but it does little to reassure me.

Closing one eye, I position the gun, praying to the moon goddess that Flicker wouldn't move her head.

The leader glances to his left and I take this moment to fire the shot. The bang revervrates through the forest followed quickly by Flicker's scream.

Panic consumes me suddenly, all I can think about is that I hit Flicker.

But then I notice the red stain increasing in size on the man chest as he drops the knife and collapses to the ground.

"Perfect shot" Connor mind-links and I can't help but grin

"Shit" the leader mutters as he scans the trees looking for us.

I watch as Flicker uses the opportunity to escape, heading left towards the pack house. A smile falls on my face, even though she probably hates us, she knows that she'll always be protected with us.

Connor nudges me, directing my attention towards the rogues.

"Slaughter them" My wolf urges me

No, I think to myself as much as I would enjoy ripping these rogues to shreds, we needed to confront Flicker before she returned back to the pack house, we desperately needed to explain everything to her.

"Come on" I tell Connor. "We need to find Flicker"

"I know" he responds but glances back longingly at the rogues. I laugh, the thirst for blood ran deep in our veins.

"Rip them to pieces" I command my beta and the pack warriors

"My pleasure Alpha" is all he says before shifting into wolf form

We walk away from our hiding place following Flicker's faint scent, listening to the sound of broken bone and limbs being chewed off.

We start into a slow jog as we venture out of rogue territory and back into pack's lands. We slow our steps as we smell Flicker's scent hanging heavily in the air.

"What am I going to do" she shouts, a few metres away from us

Using our Alpha's skill, we silently move closer lurking behind some tree's as we watch her.

"I can't go back, but I'm never going to have another chance of escape. She pauses for a moment, rubbing her face. "Why moon goddess, why did you pair me with these Alpha's"

"Because we love you" Connor admits stepping out from the tree's

Flicker shrieks in fright, stepping back, however the shock slips from her face as she registers us. I step out from the tree's standing united next to Connor.

"What are you idiots doing here, don't you have some girl to kiss" Pain flashes across her face as she says this and I know that we've messed up big time.

"Flicker let us explain"

"Are you serious" she huffs. "Let you explain what, the fact that you chewed me up for kissing Kyle but in not even the next second i find you kissing some girl"

"Hey" I exclaim. "The same thing could be said for you"

"Oh my gosh, are you seriously going to keep bringing that up every-time i do something wrong . I apologised, isn't that enough for you or maybe i should grovel on my knees for your forgiveness. Or maybe i shou....

"Flicker, the girl's dead" I state interrupting her

"What"

"We only kissed her, so we could distract her and then kill her"

"So, you didn't..."

"No we didn't cheat on you"

I watch as the wheels slowly turn in her head.

"We would never betray you like that" Connor says walking towards her, before finally enveloping her in a hug.

Connor releases her and Flicker steps out still looking confused

"I don't know what to say" she admits

"Nothing. Come on lets go home" I say

"Okay" she say placing her hand in mine, a small smile tugging at her lips.

"Thank you moon goddess" I say in my head as we begin to head back. Today could've ended a lot differently.