“Sorry,” I said biting my lip. 

I had forgotten about that part of the mate bond. It was true that we couldn’t read each others thoughts like they say in the books. But, we could feel what our mate’s felt after the bonding was finished. Cain hasn’t been the happiest person lately with all my over thinking and mood swings. He would just have to deal with it since I was going to be going through another heat soon. So I had a perfectly good reason to have some emotional whiplash. 

One by one black SUV’s rolled up. I jumped away from Cain all too excited to see my parents. I hadn’t seen or spoken to them since they came up after Cain’s pack was attacked. I missed them more than I could ever imagine. The doors for the first SUV opened up and my dad stepped out. I squealed like a freaking little girl and ran over.

“Daddy!” I yelled jumping into his arms. 

He chuckled “Hey baby girl,” he said hugging me tightly.

“Oh how I’ve missed you.” I sighed breathing in his scent.

“I missed you too, baby girl.” he said 

Looking over his shoulder I saw my brother hugging my mom. Na’ali’i caught my eye and smiled. We both let go and switched places.

“Mom,” I sighed wrapping my arms around her. “I missed you so much.”

“I know, and you have no idea how much I’ve missed you.” she said squeezing me tightly. “Now, where’s that handsome mate of yours?”

Smiling at my mom I walked over to where Cain was patiently waiting and pulled him over to my parents. My brother did the same thing with Samara. As I gazed around I watched as families reunited, some after months of not seeing each other (which was majority of the wolves here). It was nice to see the smiling faces of everyone around. You never really know how much family means to you until you’re taken away from them for long periods of time.

Shortly after everyone’s families came Cain and Amy’s dad showed up. It was just after lunch but since we had all been waiting outside on our families no one had gone to eat. The school had set up the different cafeterias with lunch for everyone. I have no idea how they managed that or how they were managing getting everything prepared for Thanksgiving dinner. I didn’t even know where that was going to be held. My family along with the family of my friends and their mates families all sat together during lunch. It was actually really nice. Almost the same as it was back home just with more people. 

All of our parent got to talking leaving the rest of us to talk amongst ourselves. Cain and I just kind of spaced off into our own little world that included just the two of us. We didn’t speak, we didn’t words. It had become a common thing with us where we would just sit together for hours at a time in complete silence. I loved it. As lunch came to a close all the Alphas and theirs mates went off to talk. None of them said what they were going to be discussing but, the rest of us knew. They were going to be talking about the rogue and hunter crap. 

I seriously could not wait for all of it to be over. I didn’t want to spend the rest of my life having to look over my shoulder wondering when they were going to attack again. That was so not a way I wanted to live the rest of my life and I knew it would happen once Cain took over as Alpha and I would be staying with him. I don’t know how many time I have prayed that everything would soon be over.