I stopped walking and punched the wall in frustration. 

And more importantly... Why did Eyepatch punch me after I kissed her? He wasn't jealous, was he? 

Instantly rage got over me. 

If it's true that he was jealous, then it means that he- wait why am I so worried about that? I don't give a shit about it! 

Suddenly I heard a giggle. I turned my head to see the bandaged woman. 

"Hihi is someone a bit frustrated~~?" she asked in her usual tone. 

"Eto leave me alone" I said. 

She just giggled again and walked closer to me. 

"You screwed up just before the attack~~" she whispered in my ear with an amused voice. 

"Shut up" I growled. 

"Aww but don't you remember when she suddenly disappeared?" she asked giggling. 

Of course I remember, how could I forget that... 

~Flashback~

'I finally won against (f/n), I was even about to kill her! I always thought that I would've been happy to kill her... But yesterday when Tatara stopped me I didn't object. Weird...'

I woke up with that though in my head and I smirked as I stood up and walked out of my room. 

I was satisfied that I could rub my victory in (f/n)'s face, but when I walked in the corridor where we had fought, I heard a commotion. 

Lots of Aogiri members were around something, whispering to each other, and they looked agitated. 

I moved quickly between them to see what was causing the commotion. 

And what I saw made me froze.

There was still the pool of blood caused by our fight, and on the wall next to the broken window, there was a bloody hand print, meaning that (f/n) had gotten up. 

'Wait, the window wasn't broken before'

I looked out of the window with horror, and on the ground, I noticed another stain of blood, and then more little stains that proceeded until a corner. 

I widened my eyes, not believing what I was seeing. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"Hehe Ayato, you did it this time..." someone said in a sing sang voice. 

I turned to Eto with a shocked face, and then she took my wrist and dragged me to her room. 

To my shock, there was also Tatara. 

"Ayato, you realise that we lost one of the strongest member of Aogiri, don't you?" Tatara said in a serious voice. 

I gulped. 

"And it's all due to your stupid behaviour" he continued. 

"It's not only me! You know very well that from the very moment we met we've always fought!" I said angrily. 

"Yes, but the words you said to her could've hurt her"

"What?! As if that girl could feel hurt!" I said as I walked out of the room, shutting the door close. 

I felt like my mind was debating about something. 

'I have to find her' a part of me was thinking. 

'But why? So you can fight again?' the other part thought. 

'I want to find her'

With this final thought, I jumped out of the broken window, ignoring all the calls of the other members. 

I followed the stains of blood. 

'She resisted more that I thought' 

I walked for something like 10 minutes, following the stains, until I saw something that made my heart sink to my stomach. 

There was a bigger stain, and then the blood stopped. But no trace of a body or something. 

I started to breath heavily. 

There were two options: one, she had stopped and healed, and then she had gone away, but where? 

And two, she was found by another ghoul or a ghoul investigator and... 

I couldn't even think about it. 

'But it's impossible, right? I mean, she's one of the strongest ghouls here, if someone attacked her, surely she would've been able to defend herself' 

But then I realised that I was wrong. 

'I gave her those wounds... If she's dead, it's all my fault, fuck!'

I thought angrily as I kicked a rock. 

'Why am I thinking this? I'm supposed to hate her...'

I kneeled in front of the big stain and started to punch the ground. 

"Damn you, (f/n)!" I yelled. 

And that was when I felt that feeling for the very first time. 

'What is this feeling...'

"Are you maybe sad, Ayato?"

I turned my head to see Eto. 

"What are you talking about?! Why would I ever be sad about this, if anything I should be happy!" I shouted at her. 

"But you aren't, am I right?"

I gritted my teeth. 

"I'm right, I guess... Just for you to know, she isn't dead" Eto said. 

This information caught my full attention. 

"Uh?! And where is she then?" I asked. 

She just giggled. 

"Just answer me already!" I shouted. She was getting me on nerves. 

"Hehe, why are you so impatient? You don't care about her, do you?" she asked in a fake innocent voice. 

"Shut up and tell me!" I yelled, standing up. 

"I think this is a contradictory sentence" she said. 

I growled, filling my eyes with kakugan. 

"Ok, ok, I'll answer... I don't know where she is" Eto said giggling. 

"You bitch!" I shouted. 

Eto tilted her head to the side. 

"How rude... This is why you have no success with women..." she said, and with a giggle, she jumped away. 

I punched the wall. 

'(f/n)... I swear to God that I'll find you'

~Flashback's end~

I turned my back to Eto and started to walk away. 

"Where are you going now, Ayato~?" she asked. 

"I'm going to clarify things with (f/n), and nothing will stop me from doing that, now" I said as I left the room to go on the roof, where I had seen her go. 

But I was wrong: something stopped me. 

Right when I spotted (f/n), I saw Kaneki pulling her into a thigh hug, her face pressed against his chest.

Rage boiled in my veins and I ran back down.