Chapter Twelve: The Conversion!

About three weeks later, everyone moved on from that incident, and continued with their lives.

It was Hermione's birthday, however, Gryffindors thought birthdays were not of God. They thought that it was only self-indulgence that took away from them worshipping and glorifying God.

Hermione went downstairs to breakfast at the Great Hall.

"Hi, Hermione!" The new leader of the theatre club greeted her.

"Oh, hello, Willow," Hermione responded.

"By the way, happy eighteenth birthday!"

"Thank you, but I don't celebrate it."

Willow gave her a puzzled look. "Really? You don't celebrate your own birthday?"

"I'm serious. None of the Gryffindors celebrate birthdays.  Also, how did you know my birthday?"

"I know everyone's birthdays, I'm known for it in the Hufflepuff hat."

"Well, it's very nice of you to remember," Hermione smiled.

"You're very welcome," the Hufflepuff replied. "By the way, remember, we're doing Children of Eden this week."

"Will do."

Hermione went to go sit with her friends at the Gryffindor table.

"Hello, Hermione," Harry and Ron said.

"Hello," Hermione said politely.

Dean Thomas and Draco arrived shortly after Hermione.

"Hello, everyone," Dean Thomas uttered intelligently.

"Hey, guys," Draco said.

"Hi, Draco and Dean," they retorted kindly.

Everyone sat down for a nice breakfast together.

"Hermione? Do you remember which musical we're doing in theatre club?" asked Ron.

"It's Children of Eden this week."

Harry looked over at them. "I am concerned," he began righteously. "Because I don't think you should be in that club. Remember, the traitors who joined the Cult of Silence were Hufflepuffs. I don't want you to become corrupted by them!"

"You understand, of course, that we're not mean or intolerant," explained Dean fluently, without mispronouncing a single word. "We only want to guide our fellow Gryffindor hats away from the wrong path."

"Dean, Harry, we understand you're concerned-," Hermione began, but Harry interrupted her.

"No, you don't! You're blinded because the Hufflepuffs have already started to brainwash you! Next thing you know, you'll be cutting off your hair and carrying around a rainbow flag!"

Hermione gasped, completely and utterly triggered, er, offended. "Are you suggesting that I'm one of- one of them?"

Ron put a protective arm around her. "Harry! You know we'd never be like that!"

"Well, who knows what could happen around the Hufflepuffs! Maybe they'd force you to fornicate or something!"

"Harry, that's completely far-fetched," Hermione said.

"Is it really, Hermione? Is it really?"

"Yes, it is!"

"It really kind of is, Harry," Ron said.

"No, it's not! They're Hufflepuffs! You know just as well as I do what they're capable of!"

"They're teenagers, Harry."