Chapter Nine: Shipping Bait!

"Why do you think we're going to the Great Hall?" Hermione asked the group. "My theory is that it has something to do with Bellatrix."

"Yeah, I think so too," Ron responded. "Maybe Dumbledore wants to prepare everyone for the dark times ahead."

"I bet some people will actually be happy," Harry said sadly.

They arrived at the Great Hall and took their seats. It was very loud, what with all the chatter.

Dumbledore tapped his microphone three times to make sure it was working. "Alright, everyone, settle down... I have some dreadful news. I'm afraid that dark times are upon us. The evil atheist Bellatrix Lestrange is coming for Hogwarts, and it looks like she's going to bring the 'Cult of Silence' with her."

A collective gasp echoed through the cafeteria.

"We will be following some new rules to insure your safety. For fourth years and up, each girl will be assigned to a boy, and they must stay together for the entire day."

Some of the Hufflepuffs started to complain about the new rule being misogynistic and demeaning.

"For the rest of you, you will be escorted to your classes by your teachers, and everyone is to report to their hat commons at an earlier time."

Some of the little ones looked very upset, but no one protested this. They knew that the Reverend was only making these rules to protect them.

"Boys, there will be a list posted outside your dormitory of which girl you will be assigned to protect," Dumbledore continued.

"This is utterly ridiculous!" Luna whispered almost loudly. "Just because we're girls doesn't mean we can't protect ourselves!"

"Tell that to the other hats," Ginny responded. "They might even think we're undercover atheists or something, given how liberal we are."

"Okay, as toxic as their ideology is, I don't think they would go that far," Brie said.

"Well, Harry, looks like you were wrong," Hermione said. "No one here looks happy in the slightest."

"They're not happy because they're all feminists who think that we're being sexist," Harry explained intelligently. "But it's not sexist to want to protect you from evil!"

Other boys and girls at their table nodded, agreeing with Harry.

"I think it's a good thing that Dumbledore made this rule," Harry continued. "Now, we can find out who all the Bellatrix and Voldemort supporters are!"

The next morning, Hermione walked into the Great Hall and saw her friends already at the table, and took a seat next to them.

"Hello, Hermione," Ron said as he ate his breakfast.

"Did you find out which girls you're assigned to?" she asked curiously.

"Yeah, I got Lavender," Harry responded with an unhappy tone.

"I got Parvati," Dean Thomas said intelligently.

"I got Pansy," Draco answered indifferently.

Ron just grinned happily at her.

"You aren't-" she started to ask.

Ron simply nodded.

Hermione smiled. "This is great news! I'm certain I'll be very safe if the Cult of Silence shows up."

"Speaking of the Cult of Silence," Harry added in a way that sounded very important.

"Today, we should be looking for anyone acting suspiciously. For all we know, they could've infiltrated Hogwarts already."

"Yeah, you can count on us, Harry," Dean Thomas replied eloquently. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go get Parvati."

"And I have to go get Lavender," Harry sighed.