Chapter one: The Start of Another Year

Hello everyone! I am going to write a sequel to everyone's favorite Christian story, Hogwarts School of Prayer and miracles! Enjoy! (This deals with some controversial subject matter, reader discretion advised.)

P.S. The reason the characters might be a little (okay, a lot) OOC is because this is in an alternate universe and this different setting gives the characters different personalities from the original characters.

P.S.S. There will be several references to musicals, so without further ado....

It was Hermione Dumbledore's 7th year at Hogwarts School of Prayer and Miracles, and how excited she was! She was sitting in her adoptive father's car with her adoptive father, Reverend Albus Dumbledore, and one of her closest friends, Harry Potter, who was raised in an atheist household.

Reverend Dumbledore used to have a wife, who was named Minerva, but she had divorced him ever since the day she was convinced by a group of feminists that she could do anything, and did not need her husband's permission to do so. However, Reverend Dumbledore won custody of Hermione.

Reverend Dumbledore was generous enough to let Harry stay with his family over the summer, so Harry would not have to return to his aunt and uncle's house.

"Thank you for letting me stay with your family over the summer, Reverend!" Harry said.

"It was my pleasure, Harry!" The Reverend beamed.

"Dad, are we almost there?" Hermione asked, trying her best to sound as sweet as possible, and not at all impatient. She was anxious to get out of the car, and wanted to set her feet on the ground again.

"Yes, Hermione. In five minutes, we will be there." Said the reverend, and sure enough they were parked in front of the familiar school five minutes later.

They walked inside the school and Hermione saw one of her fellow classmates, Lavender Brown. "Hello, Lavender!" She said cheerfully, mostly because she was happy to move her legs again.

"Hello, Hermione!" She exclaimed.

Wow, she looks... Different. But in a good way. She thought. The way the sun hit her curls made them look like they were made of pure gold. Her face looked like an old French royal portrait, and her flowy, knee length, light purple dress made Hermione think Lavender could have easily starred in a movie from the 1950s, her favorite kind of movie her father let her watch.

Hermione almost (ALMOST) felt like she was having a crush all over again.

Wait, that's silly. Girls can't be romantically involved with other girls. They get romantically involved with boys. And you already have a boyfriend, you can't commit the sins of homosexuality and adultery at the same time.

So, she just ignored that curious rage of lust, and went to greet her friend (but secret boyfriend) Ronald Weasley. The two had started dating the previous year, but Reverend Dumbledore never approved of anyone dating while they are teenagers. Usually Hermione would agree with him, but she felt happier than she had ever been when she was with Ron; (*gasp* A correctly placed semicolon?!) she felt as if she could do anything because nothing was stopping Hermione from doing so. She usually was not a risk taker, but when she was with Ron, she felt more alive than anything else.

"Ron! It's so good to see you!" She said as casually as she could while she gave Ron a TOTALLY CHASTE hug.

Ron, who was trying to act casual as well, said "Good to see you too, Hermione." while hugging her back.

Harry, who had returned from saying hello to Draco Malfoy, greeted Ron in a similar manner of Hermione's greeting.

"Alright, children!" Said Reverend Dumbledore, "Please go to the Great Hall, where dinner will be served!"

All the students filed into the Great Hall. Hermione sat down next to Harry and Lavender, who Hermione shared a dorm with. Reverend Dumbledore cleared his throat and spoke into a microphone.

"Hello, everyone! For those of you who attended this school the previous year, welcome back! For those of you who didn't, welcome to Hogwarts! I am sure this will be a wonderful year full of blessings from the Lord!" Everyone in the Great Hall applauded, and Reverend Dumbledore got on his knees and shouted, "OH LORD PLEASE BLESS US WITH A EEEEEEEEEEYUUUUUUJJJJJEEE MEAL!!!!"

Suddenly.................... Food appeared on the tables!!!! It was a traditional southern meal, with mashed potatoes, fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, et cetera. Dinner lasted for about two hours, and the loud chatter among the students lasted even longer, especially among the students who had not attended the previous year, mostly meeting new people and discussing what hat they want to be in.

For Hermione and Co., they were mostly catching up and telling each other about their summers. After dinner, they went to their dormitories to settle in for the night, and to unpack.