The next day was a Hogsmeade day. Hermione and the others all planned to go, so on the bright and cold Sunday morning they all put on their warmest spring clothes - Ginny tried to claim she wasn't cold in her butter-yellow top and dungarees - and set off.

"Did you realise this is the first trip to Hogsmeade we've made since we started going out?" Draco said, holding Hermione's hand and swinging it excessively.

"Yes. And the last time we did, you bought me that ridiculously expensive quill even thought I told you not to, you stubborn git."

"It's a good quill, though, isn't it?" Draco said pointedly, looking at Hermione with a cheeky smile. "You appreciate it, don't you?"

"Yes, I do, but I feel bad for not buying you something extravagant and unnecessary." Hermione replied, grinning back. The sunlight was making his eyes look especially blue.

"Trust me, the whole of Malfoy Manor is extravagant and unnecessary. I don't need more useless shi--"

"HARRY!" Ginny suddenly yelled, running down the street and into the arms of the dark-headed man stood outside Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. All the others heard was a loud "oomph!" has Ginny collided with him, and then the happy gasps as they kissed each other hard.

"Who needs to stop the PDA now, huh?" Draco called at them, eyebrows raised, as they walked over to the pair, who still hadn't let go of each other.

"Oh, has she been having a go at you two?" Harry asked as he detached himself from Ginny. "If you think that's bad, you should read the letters she sends me." Ginny's face turned as red as her hair. "How are you all?" he asked, hugging them all in turn, and stopping awkwardly in front of Draco. There was a short pause, before Draco extended his hand and Harry took it.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks," Harry said, grinning sheepishly at Draco. Hermione was beaming at both of them. It seemed that Harry, at least, was more than happy to try and be friends with Draco.

"Took you long enough," Draco said, with no hint of malice in his voice. "So, where are we going to go and what are we going to buy?"

There was an instant kerfuffle as everyone stated what they would want and where to go first. In the end it was agreed that, since no-one could decide on somewhere to start, they could split off and meet up in the Three Broomsticks for lunch. Harry and Ginny went together, Dean, Seamus and Luna went away and it was only Draco and Hermione left.

"So..." Hermione said, taking his hand, "Where to first?"

"I'd like to look at the dress robes, because apparently there's a new style out and I can guarantee my mother will buy me some as soon as the old kind go out of fashion. I want to see how hideous they are first." Draco said with a slightly bitter smile. They walked together, happy to take a while so they could talk.

"So."

"So..?"

"...It's weird just being by ourselves again, isn't it?" Hermione said. "We normally have the others nearby."

"It's certainly strange," Draco said ponderingly. "But I like it, because then I can do things like this --" He quickly pulled Hermione into his arms and kissed her hard "--without Ginny complaining."

"I have no problems with that," Hermione said, a little breathlessly. "Also, I can just chat with you in a way I can't necessarily with the others."

"So how have you been? Not too stressed, not too sad? Any reason I should be worried about you?" Draco asked.

"No, my knight in shining armour, I'm good. I do feel sad quite a bit, but it's pretty much just background noise now, and most of the time I can try not to think about it." Hermione admitted.