AFTERMATH

Martha could hear the screams of Phobos and Deimos like a distant call. She glanced over at Peter. He was so calm and looked prepared to move on and get on with his life.

Moving with so much speed and energy he crossed to the other side of the hill, far away from the tunnel, she sighed a sign of relief.

Peter felt strong, bold and happy like he never felt before. He was finally going to get out of this realm. This horns where his key to survival in this realm. Cloudhouf the giant had promised him and he was sure the giant liked him. Slowing down a bit, allowing Martha to catch up

“What's the problem martha?”
“Apparently it seems like we really riled does demons”,Martha said.
“Could it be because of the horn?”Peter asked.
“Surely there no way they can get to us,we so close to cloudhouf territory”.
“Yes but am not really comfortable with the way it turned out so easy”,Martha said.
“More likely that we heading over ourselves to cloudhouf again”.remember he pitched me against you”. “Why don't we unlock the gate just the both of us?
"Peter faced Martha. “you are not happy that I am finally going to get out of this place? “,he raised his voice.
No, it not that Peter, Martha explained.
“Am just not comfortable with how I feel “,  Martha said.
“Of coure I am happy for your Peter",Martha assured him.

Up ahead lay cloudhouf castle, dark, large and foreboding. Moving closer Peter could smell a rancid odor more than ever like a nauseating feast of spoiled meat and fruit. The castle covered in humidity, the wet air around the castle forced him not only to smell but also taste the putrid sweetness.

“Why does this place stink like this? “Peter asked.
“I have no idea duo, because I can't perceive any of it”. “Am just a ghost peter”.
“Come in Peter son of grey “. He clearly heard what sounded like cloudhouf voice but it seemed to be coming from afar and very tiny. Taking a step in the direction of the sound, he suddenly turned back to martha.
“Are you not coming with me Martha? “Peter asked. Martha stood there, foot rooted on the floor, unable to move ,before she could answer Cloudhouf spoke out again, barely audible.
“she is a ghost Peter, a spirit mirage she cannot enter any place with a connection with the outside world. She is destined to wander outside for ever.
Eyes still on Martha,he whispered to her
wait for me martha.

“I will peter”,she nodded slowly.
Cloudhouf lay on his side, chest swelling and shrinking with laboured, hitching breaths.
Groaning the bulky giant slowly rose from the floor, prop himself up one elbow.
“Peter”,cloudhouf rasped, his formerly rumbling voice weak and tired.
“I  am here”peter acknowledged. “I am with the horn”.
The heavy head nodded slightly. “Give….it… .to me,he managed.

Peter was unsure what to do. Cloudhouf had just looked fine before the mission. “How come the sudden change? “.
“I'm sorry, but you do look different”,Peter said. He was not sure of himself any more.
The giant trembled ,his eyes closed. “My time ,”he moaned softly. “my time of existence here is up,i may have been well to you but Martha would tell you am a master of disguise”. “Martha must have guessed as you held does horns that the balance of this realm was in your hands, the decisions you will take will decide the fate of this realm”.

“How can I help? “Peter asked, doubting if he could do anything more to help.
“Nothing so….altruistic. I just need you to hand over the horn willingly. It will alleviate all our suffering.
Peter looking stunned, “is that why you sent me to recover them? “
The horn purifies...and yes...i needed someone who I could trust and who had to perform his final test. Fate led me to you and we'll maybe Martha.

Peter stared at the pathetic ruin the giant body had become. “I thought it was the key to my getting of this realm”.
Discoloured tears gushed from the eyes of the giant. He turned his face away. “I need the power of the horn to open the realm, without it I am powerless”.
Peter hesitated. He would prefer to be sure of his actions before he gave out the horn to cloudhouf. He felt certain Martha would not agree this much, if she realised that the fate of cloudhouf was tied to the horn. He just had to try and forget the past and move on.
“Here take the horn”strinding forward,peter motioned for cloudhof to collect the horns.
Holding on to the horns with both hands, cloudhouf hoisted it above his head, golden light blazing, covering the entire cage.

“Oh-oh ,cloudhouf said. Siting up, the tone of his voice deeper and richer than Peter had ever heard. His mishapen body had become symmetrical and now had it former shape.
“Oh-oh-ho-ho” ,he laughed exultantly.
“Feeling better? “Peter asked.
Cloudhouf pounced on him, seized a shoulder and hoisted him off the ground effortlessly. Before Peter could react, he was dropped in a dungeon deep in the ground with bars all surrounding it.
“Honestly”cloudhouf rumbled. “This is the best I've ever felt”.
“What are you doing? “Peter cried. His elbows were bleeding and his back aches from the rough land on the floor of the dungeon.
“Many manythings, now, many things, thanks to you”.
“I feel strong and ready to rule this realm forever”. This horn gives power to it welder. It controls the balance of this realm. It has the power to send you home, if that happened it self destructs but if it remains in this realm you can keep using it. It the power source of this realm.

“What have I done? “Peter mouthed.

“You're too trusting.Too independent,too good a friend, even to one who is your enemy.You trusted Martha and she failed you. “Did you not learn your lesson?”
“My dear boy “cloudhouf said. “you will remain here forever for a balance to be maintained here, there no greater sacrifice than that,as my humble servant”.

Your ability to exist partially physical here allows you to experience the vastness of this realm, places I can't go you can get there.
Grinding his teeth, Peter tried to think of something but he was helpless, nothing was possible.

“Martha will save me “Peter spoke up.

Staring at him with mockery in his eyes. “Martha can't enter here and I will banish her to wander forever here she be helpless to my power”. She always remain my servant.
Peter suddenly felt lost and empty like he had never felt before . All was lost and he was alone again. He had lost his golden opportunity to go home. He felt weak, tired and resigned ,he lost every bit of survival in him.

Please this chapter is yet to be edited so if you find any mistakes, grammatical errors please don't fail to comment .please click the like button.
Xoxo.
😘😘