Chapter 8

I sat on a kind of uncomfortable chair in a waiting room but I didn't care very much since everything I could think about was Felix.

An old woman who sat beside me stared at me sometimes and it looked like she was going to say something sometimes but she didn't.

She started to talk to me after a while though.

"How are you?" She asked nicely.

I just sat there quiet for a couple of seconds but then I answered.

"Not very good." I said quickly as I still stared down at the floor.

"You look terrified."

"I am."

"I don't know what happened but I guess you went through something really bad. You would probably not sit here otherwise."

And I didn't know what to answer so I kept quiet.

"Maybe you think it's weird that I just started to talk to you but I could see how worried and frightened you looked so I just had to ask how it is with you." She explained and I tried to smile a bit but it didn't work out very well.

"I understand, thank you for asking." I said.

"Of course." She said and smiled.

And after that it was an awkward moment since none of us talked but then I thought of how she cared about me and I hadn't asked her about anything.

"So, how are you?" I asked.

"I don't know, you should probably not feel very good after you have lost someone but I think I'm so shocked that I don't know what to think." She said and I felt bad for her.

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss." I said and she just smiled before we both got quiet again.

-

A new frieeend