ȚWØ

2008

"Happy birthday to you!" Caroline's parents sang to her, including Luke, Michael and Calum. Caroline smiled at all of them, including her best friend who attended, Hannah.

Hannah still believed in Caroline that Luke, Michael, and Calum existed. She just couldn't see them.

"Blow out the candles hunny!" Caroline's mom cheered. Caroline blew out the candle and made a wish. Luke already knew what the wish was. Every year at this age it was always for a pony. Her favorite animal was a horse.

That day she even wore a bright blue shirt with a horse on it. She also had on bright pink pants with white shoes.

Everyone cheered. Luke, Calum, and Michael were the loudest. Caroline laughed at their perkiness and happiness. Caroline wanted to talk to them but she knew not to in front of her parents because they'd make fun of her. "Cake for everyone!" Caroline cheered, emphasizing "everyone" and stared at the 3 boys.

Luke, Michael, Calum all made an awkward face at her and shrugged. She knew they couldn't eat but she always felt bad eating in front of them. Especially Michael. He usually started to drool, especially when Caroline was eating pizza.

"Just 9 more years and then I can be born and taste pizza again." Michael thought to himself everytime he wanted pizza.

"I'm gonna eat in my room mommy!" Caroline announced, grabbing her cake and Hannah's hand as they ran up the stairs. Luke, Michael, and Calum appeared in her room and waited for them.

They all sat down and Caroline and Hannah arrived. "Hi!" She greeted them. "Are you sure you don't want cake?" Caroline asked. Hannah stuck out her cake to the boys. She couldn't see them, but it was the area Caroline was speaking to so she trusted it.

"We can't eat, remember?" Luke told her.

"Then why is Michael always so hungry?" Caroline pouted.

"I'm always hungry, even when i'm not capable of feeling hunger." Michael shrugged. "I'm just not built to be able to eat. I'm sorry Caro. Eat for me."

Caroline smiled. "Shall do!"

"What did they say?" Hannah asked her.

"To eat for them since they can't." Caroline explained, Hannah just nodded as they began to eat their chocolate cake with strawberry filling, her favorite.

The doorbell rang. "Oh! It must be Ashton!" Caroline screamed, jumping up and giving her cake to Luke. Her cake layed where Luke sat. Luke moved, feeling uncomfortable from the sight of a cake inside of him.

"Who's Ashton?" Luke furrowed his eyebrow.

"The new friend I wanted you to meet! Remember?" Caroline excitedly said and rushed out of her room.

Luke knew Caroline wanted her to meet her new friend but he didn't think it'd be a boy. He knew he shouldn't feel jealous since he knew she loved him but it scared him. She didn't remember she loved him. What if the cycle really was changing? What if she didn't end up loving him again?

"Just between you guys and me," Hannah turned over to where the cake sat. She knew the boys were in that general area. "I think Caroline has a crush on Ashton." She giggled.

That really made Luke jealous.

"Look, Ashton, this is my room!" She pulled a boy with curly hair and hazel eyes into the room. He had a plate of cake with him. "And that is an empty space in my room!" She pointed in the direction of the boys, listening to Luke and not telling anyone about them. "And that's Hannah!" She pointed at Hannah.