Author's Note

This work was started some time back as a thought experiment. The question was simply, 'what would have happened in the last Harry Potter book if it had been Sherlock Holmes's mind applied to the case?' The whole novel that follows was an attempt to step by step work through that question. 

Of course, for the purpose of experiment the 'case' being experimented had to be left completely intact. The Harry Potter storyline in this work is assumed to be completely canon in every way up to the moment where Harry Potter's and Sherlock Holmes' path cross, and all alterations which follow happen as a direct result of that.

 Now, for the Sherlock Holmes half of the equation, it is not any particular storyline, but simply the character of the detective that was the important factor. As such I have freely moved Doyle's character around in time, adopted plausible alterations on that basis, and gladly borrowed from other adaptations when I saw fit. But although the Sherlock storyline in this tale may be not-quite fitting any other version, I have attempted to be strictly 'in-character' with both him and John Watson at all points. If you were to ask what version of Sherlock Holmes this is, the truest answer would probably be 'Doyle in the 21st century' – BBC imagery notwithstanding (it's great imagery).

The illustrations are photo edits by myself.  The Entire novel is available as an EPUB or PDF download on my website (charlotteannrose . wordpress . com).

{This non-commercial, derivative work is an independent production by Charlotte Ann Kent and is not associated with The Doyle Estate, the BBC, Warner Bros, or J.K. Rowling. All copyrights belong to the original owners.}