Studio

"I was gone for 10 minutes. How come the cart has a drum set?" You enquired at the twins and Ben. "Oh, I didn't realize there's a drum set," Ben simply responded. "And a violin along with a bass," you added.

The twins gazed elsewhere other than your eyes. "I can turn back and return them," Ben suggested. The boys promptly turned to him and gave him a pleading look. You saw their expression, "No, let's load everything."

You had no option but to turn a room of your home into a studio. Arriving home, Ben unloaded the SUV and promptly got to building the drum set. You helped by tuning the two new instruments. Your grand piano was already in the room so everyone built around the elegant instrument. Your guitar and ukelele were moved to that room.

After 2 hours everything was set up. "Mummy, can you teach us how to play instruments?" James enquired. They were already getting piano lessons but apparently, they wanted to learn more. "Are you sure you want to learn more? The piano is hard enough," you crouched to their height.

"We want to," Angelo smiled. "Alrighty then. Each week we'll play a different instrument, how does that sound?" You said. They feverishly nodded and hugged you. Ben walked to the piano and began playing an unfamiliar tune to the twins.

"Daddy can play the piano?" James enquired. You amazingly gazed at him, "I never knew he could." You sat next to him on the piano and saw how his fingers gracefully played a piece of Bach.

You never realized how much you stared or how adoringly you gazed at Ben but the twins always witnessed the moments. They loved to see both their parents together; how they wished they could capture the memory in a picture.

You were uncannily close to him. When he finished he locked his eyes with yours. He was like anesthesia, you couldn't feel anything else other than his fingers slightly touching yours. You don't know what you would've done if it weren't for James grumbling stomach.

You and Ben faced your son and became conscious of the space between you two. James became upset with the fact and ran out of the room. You, Ben, and Angelo followed. "Sweetie, let's go make some biscuits," you said holding his small figure laid on the couch.

"I'm not upset because I'm hungry," he sombrely said. "Then what's wrong?" He looked to you, there was something not letting him tell you the truth. He shook his head and didn't say a word. You thought he was just hungry. "I'll go make a snack," you kissed his curls and headed to the kitchen.

James only saw Angelo in the living room and didn't see Ben. "I ruined the moment," he whimpered to Angelo. "It's okay," his brother consoled him. James shook his head, "No it's not. Mummy and daddy never spend time together like that and when they did I ruined it." Angelo rubbed his brothers back. "I just want mummy and daddy to be together," James sighed.

"Me too, but mummy is happy with Seb. If she's happy we are too," Angelo spoke with reason. Ben was truly amazed by how much knowledge and how conscious they are about the whole situation. You walked into the living room startling the three of them.

"Did you all see a ghost?" You jokingly enquired. James sat up and saw his dad behind the couch, his eyes nearly blew out. You didn't see his reaction, "I brought a snack while I prepare some dinner."

"Will daddy join us?" Angelo enquired. "If he wants to," you responded. He sheepishly smiled; you knew that meant a yes. In a matter of seconds, you were in the kitchen again.

"Daddy.." James called. Ben went to sit by his side, "Yes champ?" James fidgeted with his finger, "Did you... erm.." Ben placed his large hand on top of his son's small one, "Yes. Don't be upset about it. Your mum and I.. we used to be very close, but just like your brother said, she's happy with Sebastian. Who would I be to destroy that happiness?"

James and Angelo both leaned their head on his arm's sides. "I love your mummy as much as I love both of you." Angelo chuckled, "That's a lot." Ben kissed the top of their heads, "It is. If your mum is happy so should we. I've done bad things that made mummy get mad at me.. I'm glad I'm even spending these days with the both of you. Think about it, in a way we are together. I spend 90% of my week here. You two are my family and that's all that I need at the moment."

"And mummy," James added. He lightheartedly chuckled, "Like we discussed if your mum is happy then so am I."