part 6

(Still in Flashback...)
(Nandini's POV)

   He came to see me every night. We laid next to each other on my bed. He would tower over me and caressed my face gently. I began to melt in his cool touch. It was loving, but mysterious. What was he hiding from me? What secret was he waiting to tell me? 

   Our bond grew stronger each night. At the stroke of midnight, he would leave into the depths of the forest. His crimson red eyes glowed in the darkness. I watched him disappear, eager for the coming nights, when I would see him again. My days were dull and boring without him. I began to feel something for him. Something that I couldn't describe. That feeling that made my heart beat faster with excitement and that made me want his presence in every moment of mine. Was that what people called love? 

(Manik's POV)

   Tonight was a full moon night. It shone brightly, casting its light through the window of Nandini's room. She lay under me, her beautiful eyes gazing up at me. She caressed my face with her soft hands. I smiled at her, grazing a red rose along her body, head to toe. I watched her giggle, that sound was like glass bells. This ethereal beauty was almost mine. Once she was, I would take her away with me, far away from this place, and I would reveal to her my secrets. Her soul belonged to me, only me. She interested me. I was created a demon, never to experience human emotion in my entire existence. I didn't even know what emotions were, until I had met her. She made me feel them.

   I used my powers to see the future. She would be reborn 180 years from now. She would die eventually, I realized. I needed to do something. I finally thought of my final plan. Once it was executed, no one could separate us. Not even death could take me away from her.

(Nandini's POV)

   He nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck and kissed me there. His icy cold lips burned against my warm skin. He continued to watch me intensely, like he was curious about me. His strange but romantic demeanor was something I was curious about. What was he? He didn't seem human, after the scene in the forest that night. Many questions repeated themselves in my mind. That was when he whispered something in my ear.

"Your questions will be answered soon, my princess..." 

   His eyes traveled to my necklace, and his eyes seemed to glow brighter. He picked it up in his hand and grazed his thumb over the ruby. He stared at it for a few seconds and then let it fall back onto me. 

"It's time for me to go.." He said. I nodded.

   He kissed my forehead and vanished without a trace. I started to feel drowsy, so I quickly changed into my nightgown and went to bed, clutching his rose in my hand. 

(Manik's POV)

   I came back to her hours later. I had to take one last step to make her completely mine. She lay in her bed, sleeping peacefully. I went to her and carefully removed the necklace from around her neck. I held it in the palm of my hand, then pressing my other thumb into the ruby. A thick shadow formed around the ruby, it was a part of my dark sprit. Slowly, it infused itself into the shining gem. A dark aura escaped faintly from it. I smiled to myself, and carefully placed the necklace around her neck again. The gem pulsed with the dark energy. My spirit would slowly bind itself with her soul. Then no one could separate us. She would become mine for the rest of eternity. 

(Next morning...)
(Nandu's POV)

   I woke up to my mother shaking me. I rubbed my eyes and got up.

"Yes mom?" I asked. She never came to wake me this early. 

"Dear have you forgotten? Your engagement ceremony is today."

   I did forget. It had slipped completely from my mind. 

"Get ready quickly dear. The prince would be arriving soon, and the guests have arrived."

   My mood went off all of a sudden, but to avoid angering my Dad, I had to get ready quickly. Mom left a gown on my bed. It was white, decorated lightly with sequins and it had intricate embroidery. 

   I began to get ready. Only then did I notice a strange burn coming from my necklace. It grew stronger each time I touched it. I couldn't take it off, because it hurt to do so. I ignored that and continued to get ready. A maid came and helped me do my hair. It was up in a bun...with a few curls falling down my face. Mom came back, and admired my beauty for a moment.

"My daughter is looking like an angel today." She hugged me. "Come." She led me downstairs.

   Royalties from all over filled the place. Many subjects from the nearby kingdoms also joined us on this occasion. I was feeling shy with all the eyes glancing at me. I took careful steps down, avoiding everyone's gaze. But one man caught my eye. He wasn't staring at me in admiration, but rather in a strange fear. I leaned to my mothers shoulder.

"Mom, why is he staring at me like that?"

"Who?" I made a signal towards him. "Oh him? He's the occultist of the kingdom." She looked concerned. "I don't know what is wrong with him. I've never seen him like this before." 

   He shook his head in disbelief. I was confused. Suddenly, the burn from the necklace grew stronger. I rubbed the area in pain. But it lasted only for a second. I took a deep breath and moved on.

   Prince Harshad was waiting next to the throne. His parents were standing behind him. I was presented in front of him, and he flashed a smile. Mom presented the rings. He snatched it in his fingers quickly, and grabbed my hand. He rubbed it for a while, then slide the ring onto my finger. I did the same, my hand shaking a little. I hesitantly slid the ring onto his finger, and the guests cheered. I forced a smile on my lips. Prince Harshad took my hand and kissed it, catching me off-guard. 

   The celebrations erupted. I sat on one of the seats next to the prince. He stared at me the entire time, laying his hand on top of mine. I slowly removed my hand and kept it away from him. Meanwhile, I noticed the occultist pulling my parents aside and speaking to them. I excused myself and went to them. The threesome looked at me, and Dad spoke up.

"Dear, please come with us." He said in a low tone!!!!

M really sry for keeping u guyss waiting for d updates...

keep supporting me & let me know through ur votes & comments did u loved dis part or not🙏

Luv u all😘😘