F O U R T Y N I N E

CHAPTER 49

HARRY

The ambulance drove out into the distance, while I was forced to stay behind and talk to Yang about what happened. When we were done, she drove Niall, Michael and myself to the hospital, where I had to spend 13 hours in total wondering if she was going to make it or not. The doctor came out of the OR and told us that she had lost a lot of blood, and that only time will tell if she's gonna survive.

I held her hand for 2 straight hours. I stared at her closed eyes, praying for her to be ok. She was prepared to sacrifice her life to save mine.

I kicked Niall out of there once we got to visit her. There was no way I was going to let him look at her, touch her, be near her... Even till this day, I'm so angry. I don't think I've ever felt so betrayed and infuriated.

But I'm able to ignore it, because at the end of the day... I am able to look at her, touch her, be near her every day. Not him.

She smiles at me, pushing off the duvet. We are supposed to remove the bandage on her stomach today. I'm still amazed with how well she is dealing with all of this, she has yet to complain about anything. She got out of the hospital about 2 days ago, and I've been taking care of her since then. She stands up, then sits down on my lap.

"Careful," I say.

"Y'know I'm not made of glass, right?" She assures me, giving me a kiss. Ever since she remembered me, I haven't been able to kiss her properly. I can't help but smile whenever her lips touch mine.

I frown for a second when I'm reminded of the coffee on the bed side table.

"You didn't want coffee, did you?" I question, a growing suspicion entering my mind. She grins, giggling to herself.

"Nope," she shakes her head, wrapping her hands around my neck. I place my hand on her thigh, the other on her back, bringing her close to me.

"I figured at least one of us should get some fresh air, we've hardly stepped foot outside in a week," she frowns at me, pressing her forehead against mine. That's true. Even at the hospital, I stayed by her side constantly.

"So what? I like taking care of you," I shrug. I close my eyes for a second, savoring this moment right here. Two weeks ago, I would've never imagined this to happen. Claire is in my arms again, and we love each other. Claire is my girlfriend.

She moves her hand to my chest, resting it calmly, feeling my heartbeats. She gazes deep into my eyes, placing her other hand on my cheek, her thumb stroking just beside my lips.

"Then... take care of me," she breathes. Warm waves of lust grows deep within me, compelling me to touch her waist, feeling the power that comes from holding her.

"Claire..." I whisper, fighting the urge to rip her clothes off.

We haven't been intimate in more than a month, and it is driving me crazy. But the bullet wound hasn't healed all the way yet, and the doctor said to be careful... I just don't want to hurt her.

"Harry, I want... you," she complains, putting her leg over the other side of my lap, facing me. My heartbeat gets out of control when I feel her grind slightly, but something makes me back away.

"Harry, it's been a month!" she nags, and I find it so fucking hot that she wants me this much. But...

"I want it to be perfect," I say. She crosses her arms, making me smile.

"When we are together, it is perfect," she says, moving close again.

"Go out with me tonight," I suggest. She smiles widely at me, kissing me again. Things are slowly getting back to normal. We spent a month being tormented by Niall and Zayn, and now that things are returning to how things were before... I couldn't be happier.