08.

"Are you going to come with everyone to brunch? You can't stay under there all day

"Are you going to come with everyone to brunch? You can't stay under there all day."

I hide under the covers, pulling the sheets even more over my head.

"No, Maddie. I just want to stay here."

I hear footsteps walking closer to the bed, and I feel the covers being pulled away. I see Maddie's face peeking out from the edge of the sheet, her face showing concern.

"Okay, but, would you at least like me to bring something back for you?"

I ponder for a moment, before nodding my head, "Pancakes? Please?"

She giggles, "Alright, I'll be back soon. Call me if you need to okay? See you later."

"Okay, see you."

I hear the door close and I peer out of the covers before sitting up. I glance around the room, contemplating on what I could do to pass the time. My eyes catch on a book, "we all looked up" and I smile, getting out of bed to grab it. I hadn't read a good book in awhile, and I definitely needed a distraction to clear my head.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps coming from the boys' conjoined door and I grab the book on my nightstand, walking toward the door cautiously. I turn the handle slowly, before pushing it open. I see a figure in a black hoodie and I quickly throw my book at it, hearing an "ow" come from the figure's mouth. They reach for the light switch and turn it on, the light revealing their face.

"What the hell was that for Daliah?"

I walk forward and grab my book, dusting it off, "I didn't recognize you without your usual trenchcoat...I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm really not."

Jason growls, "Haha very funny."

I roll my eyes, turning to walk away. I feel his hands grip onto my arm, and I try to yank my arm away, but his grip remains tight, "Look, Dal, I was waiting until I gathered all of the evidence, but, I think I'm ready..."

I turn my head to him, "Ready to what?"

He releases his grip, grabbing his phone and holding it up, "I'm ready to conduct an experiment."

I raise a brow, "An experiment?"

He nods, "Yes, but I need your help. Just this once, and then you can go on continuing to hate me and we never have to speak again."

I fold my arms and huff, nodding my head grudgingly, "Fine. What do you need my help with?"

"I need you to get everyone's phones out when they get back."