05.

"Here's your flannel back."

I throw the flannel onto Jason's face, and he pulls it off very slowly, revealing his face of curiosity.

He smirks, asking, "Did you wear this to sleep last night? Is that why it smells like it was drenched in perfume?"

I shrug, "N-No! I just wore it to dinner is all. Nothing more."

He nods, his eyes squinting, "Yeah. Right."

I roll my eyes and sit in front of him, folding my hands on top of the lunch table.

"So, today's the day! I'm going to ask about the trip and ask to invite you."

"And you really think they'll say yes to Seattle?"

I shake my head, "No. But, they don't have a choice, because as you've learned, I'm hard to get rid of."

He raises his hands halfway into the air, "Maybe no one wants to get rid of you in the first place?"

"Okay, well, I was trying to sound dramatic. Thanks for ruining it. "

Jason's laughs a bit before his smile fades and he begins to open his mouth to speak, "Are you sure you wanna do this?"

I nod, " I do. We are both involved way too deep to just turn back now. This person seems to be getting more aggressive and has the incident in Seattle against you that wouldn't allow us to tell the police. I also care about you, I don't want you to get hurt, even if we are only acquaintances."

He keeps his gaze on my hands, which began to hold his, however, he pulls away and sighs, "Uh, you should talk to your friends now."

I laugh nervously, looking down in embarrassment, "Yeah. So, we'll talk later?"

He nods in response and I bite my lip.

After thinking a bit more about what to say, I sigh, deciding to get up and walk over to my friends, who were all silently eating their lunch.

"Hey, guys."

They ignore me, keeping their gaze down at their food trays.

"I know what happened that night. Okay?"

They finally stop, and Clementine looks up at me, "You do?"