1

"Good morning Sunshine".

Great. It's Monday morning.

"Ugh" I groan, "ten more minutes." I demand.

"Listen Hun" my roommate, and best friend Jessy says, "it's already 7 am, your gonna be late for work if you don't get up now."

"Shit shit shit" I say rolling off of my bed, landing on my floor. I really had the mouth of a sailor.

"Dammit" I curse myself for falling on the floor. Clumsy me.

I rush up off of the floor and make a bee line for the bathroom, taking a quick shower. Like a super quick shower.

I put on a light pink blouse, tucked into a black pencil skirt, along with some black flats. My job at Cosmo required me to dress kind of professional. I was an editor.

I glanced at my watch noting that it was 7:55, I need to be at work in 20 minutes.

"Shit" I cursed myself for being late.

I quickly brushed some makeup onto my tan skin, pulled my brown locks into a sleek ponytale, and rushed out the door.

Jessy and I lived in an apartment in the middle of NYC so I just called a cab, and soon arrived to work.

It was 8:13, I literally had to be on the 9th floor in two minutes, or I was toast. I rushed into the building, running into a few people here and there.

I kept 'power walking' to the elevators, when suddenly someone that seemed to be coming from my left wasn't paying attention, and ran right into me, spilling scalding hot coffee onto me.

The cliche, 'oh I'm sorry about that, I owe you a shirt.' 'and I owe you a coffee' thing didn't happen. This was real life.

"F*ck" I repetitively said, trying to ease the pain.

The bastard who ran into me didn't even apologize. He only briefly glanced up at me, his piercing blue eyes making me forget the pain. "watch where your going" he said annoyed.

It was 8:18. This b!tch made me late. Hell no he's not getting off the hook. I followed him to where he was going. He was attractive. He had blonde hair, and healthy looking skin. He was probably around 6 foot, maybe 6'1".

I guess he noticed me following him, because he turned around and said blankly, "look, I don't even remember hooking up with you, so stop following me, I don't keep the 'undergarments' that are left at my place anyway, I'm about to be late so if you'll excuse me."

Uhm no. That's not how it rolls in Peyton land.

"Listen Mr., I didn't hook up with you, besides im way to smart to leave my expensive Victoria Secret at anyone else's house. Anyway, the only reason I'm following you is because I'm ready for you to give me money to pay for my dry cleaning, and possibly my doctor visit, for second degree coffee burns."

His eyes widened slightly, then I added,

"And frankly, I don't care if you're late, you've already made me late, and that risks me losing my job."

Then, I turn around and strut over to the elevators. Okay, maybe I didn't strut.

I listen to some cheesy elevator music before hearing a ding, telling me I was on the 9th floor. Literally as soon as I stepped out of the elevator I came face to face with my boss.

"West, my office. Now." she seethes simply, then walks toward her office. "shit" I curse under my breath,then stalk over to her office.

"Miss. Ryerson, what a pleasure to see you! Have you lost weight?"

"Cut the crap, west." she sharply replies.

"I told you the last time you were late that if it happened again, then you were done, and guess what?"

"Your giving me another chance?" I squeak out."

"No,what did I just say? Your done. Have your office cleared by Wednesday."

"But miss Ryerson, it wasn't my fault. This hunky,blond, bastard ran into me and spilled his scalding hot coffee all over me, hence the stains on my blouse. One more chance Miss R. , Please?" I plead.

"Your always coming up with excuses. Im sorry to let you go, believe me. Your one of our best editors, but Cosmo editors have to be here on time everyday. I've given you enough chances. Now, I have an appointment West. Be out by Wednesday. Remember."

"Right, okay" I mumble

I was going to find this bastard. He was going to pay.