Secrets Revealed

Comincia dall'inizio

"We had the chance to grab it in New Orleans, but someone screwed up," Wally scoffs, insinuating someone as Artemis.

"Just kiss already you're so annoying!" I finally speak up in a huff.

The two turn away with blushes dusting their cheeks.

"Approaching their jet," Miss M reports.

We all give a light gasp as we see the wreckage of the jet.

"Looks like there are no survivors," Megan says, scanning the area.

We leave the bioship in the sky and head down to investigate the wreckage.

"How come Homeland Security and the NTSP aren't all over this?" Wally asks.

"Cheshire's ID was a League alert. Authorities didn't pick it up and her jet didn't follow it's flight plan. Flew under the radar. Literally. But the Watchtower audited the jet and recorded the crash."

"Then why isn't the League here?" Rocket huffs.

"Because Robin has some mighty hacking skills and arranged to get the alert first," Zatanna says.

"And because Cheshire and that case represent our unfinished business," Aqualad says.

"Where are the bodies?" Superboy huffs, throwing a wing of the jet aside.

"Here's one," a chilling voice says, appearing over the hill. "And it is stunning."

Cheshire appears from over a nearby hill, earning a small smile from Artemis.

"I am flora, not fauna," a voice announces from above them with a snap to release pylons from the ground, powering up and creating a force field around the area. No way in and no way out, unless you can teleport. They look up to see the Riddler along with Mammoth and Shimmer, and about a couple dozen mercenaries. "I am foliage, not trees. What am I? Come on, you can get this! I am shrubbery, not grass. What am I? I..."

"Am-bush," Robin and I answer.

"Didn't you think we'd be tipped you were on Cheshire's trail? We're tired of your interference, kiddies. This is the end game. Ordered from above and executed by their master strategist. Moi!" Riddler tells them.

'Miss Martian, is everyone linked?' Aqualad asks.

'Yes,' she responds.

'Go!' he orders, causing everyone to engage in action.

Zatanna says something, and the area turns into a blizzard.

"I call Riddler!" I announce. This is payback for the ridiculous riddles you sat me through.

'Superboy, the pylons!' Kaldur commands.

'Working on it,' he responds.

I speed up to Riddler and sucker punch the side of his face. "That's for all the annoying riddles you put me through."

He falls to the ground.

'SB, you're-you're flying!' Robin suddenly exclaims, causing everyone to look at the Boy of Steel to see him holding Mammoth by the hair and throwing him into the force field then pummeling him into the cliff side.

I watch as the cliff tumbles off and almost lands on Artemis if Cheshire hadn't pushed her out of the way.

The fight is over quickly and most of the villains escaped, leaving Mammoth, Shimmer, and Riddler behind. Superboy is still pummeling Mammoth.

I hurriedly run over to Conner and rest a hand on his shoulder. He gives me a furious glare and turns to pummel me before realizing it's me, and his gaze softens.