5 || An Old Friend or a New Foe?

|| 3rd Person POV ||

They all shared a look, one of determination and curiosity, wondering if this Aiko was the Aiko they knew, or was it someone else entirely? But their thoughts are cut off when a lightning strike occurs, as well as the mentioned colossal Titan.

There was a huge gust of hot air, and when the dust cleared, everyone sprang into action. Captain Aiko and a Cadet started attacking the horrible creature after recovering from initial shock and being knocked down.

Lieutenant Marsh started issuing orders while Natsu, Gray, Erza, Lucy, and Wendy, watched the scene in front of them, petrified.

"Hurry! Send word to the scouts and bring them back as quickly as possible!! Start evacuating the district!" Lieutenant Marsh barked orders left and right.

Then, just as quickly as he appeared, the colossal one disappeared.

"Get Captain Aiko over here now! And send the Cadets that were over there to HQ" Lieutenant Marsh issued

|| Natsu's POV ||

After a few minutes, the familiar black haired girl came over. Gray, Erza and I were all in shock. The Aiko standing before us now, was the same one we knew seven years ago.

She glanced at us, her eyes widening slightly before she turned back to Lieutenant Marsh.

"Captain Aiko, thank gosh you're here! We need you to serve with the other elites" He ordered Aiko

"But sir? Shouldn't we have someone alert the other scouts?" She questioned and he nodded

"Yes, I've already taken care of that. But we need you here to help, with you on the field we stand a much greater chance of survival" he informed her and she nodded, turning to where the elites were.

"Aiko?" I called out softly, but she didn't even turn to look at me,

We were all thinking the same thing, was she an old friend? Or a new foe?

"Don't mind her, we are just focused on keeping humanity safe." Lieutenant Marsh told us and we nodded, unsure. "Okay you guys need to evacuate with everyone else"

"What? We came here to help so that's what we are going to do" I yelled at him

"You don't even know how to defeat them, it'd be useless" He shook his head in disagreement

"You said we should hit the back of their nape, what's so hard about that?" I asked not understanding what he meant by the fact we didn't know how to defeat them.

"That's there weak spot yes, but you have to cut a certain length deep. You also need to know how to use our maneuver gear and use the swords. You know nothing about this" He told us before continuing "You guys need to go! Unless you wish to be eaten by the Titans!"

"We're going to stay here. We may not be helpful with fighting them, but we could stay on this wall and distract them, and since we'll be on the wall, they can't reach us." Erza pointed out.

Lieutenant Marsh sighed, but he knew we wouldnt give up and were to stubborn to be convinced otherwise "Fine"

So we stayed, we watched people get eaten from our perch on the wall. Wendy and Lucy couldn't even look at it anymore. The rest of us, myself included, couldn't believe the horrors we were seeing and couldn't even begin to imagine what Aiko saw in her 7 years of being here.

After all of the citizens had been evacuated, we watched Aiko and another girl with short black hair and a red scarf go back to help the Cadets.

After a few minutes of being there, they seem to be shocked. They soon recover and with the cadets, they headed over to the HQ.

Then the girl with the scarf dropped from the air, Aiko and two others went after her.

|| Aiko's POV ||

I can't believe it. Eren was dead. And now Mikasa was out of gas. Fearing for her safety, I go to where she dropped, with two other Cadets trailing behind me.

"Do you guys see her?" I yell out, and Armin, the blonde one, yelled out to me words I didn't want to hear

"No! Not yet"

We continue looking around, and I was fearing that another one of my new friends was killed.

"There she is!" Armin yelled, I nodded, sweeping her up and taking her on a roof. Armin and Connie, the other Cadet, follow after me.

We then see two 15 meter Titans in front of us.

"Oh no" Connie complained

"That ones different" Mikasa pointed out "He is more interested in killing Titans than humans"

We watched, and noticed what she said was true, the Titan killed another Titan. It wasn't usual, and in my many years of scouting, I've never seen nor heard of this.

We then conduct a plan to use this bizarre Titan to our advantage, we will have him kill all the Titans at the HQ so we can we get all the supplies we need.

It was working and we were able to go inside and gather the supplies we needed, of course we had to defeat the 7 Titans inside but that was pretty simple seeing as we had Armin's amazing plan to follow through with.

We then saw the abnormal Titan lying on the ground, being eaten by the other Titans. It then sprang up and attack the titan who had apparently ate one of the members of Eren's squad. It then fell to the ground and what we saw next shocked us all.

It was Eren.

Mikasa grabbed him, hugging him. I sighed in relief, happy he was alive. But one question started gnawing away at me, how exactly did he do that? Was he a Titan?

I shrug it off and decide to just be thankful he's alive, but that doesn't last long because they plan on killing him but Mikasa and Armin stopped them. I stood with all of the Cadets, glaring at one guy who wouldn't stop complaining.

"Oh Captain Aiko, I wanted to thank you for helping us" Jean said to me causing me to smile lightly

"It was no big deal, don't worry about it" I tell him and he gives me a small smile and firm nod

"Aiko?!" I hear a familiar voice call out to me, I glance back, my face nearly as stoic as my boyfriends.

I see my brother and old friends from Fairy Tail, along with new members, running towards me.

"What?" I ask, slightly bitter since I haven't seen them in forever and thought they forgot about me.

"We were just wondering if it was you, we haven't exactly seen each other in seven years" Gray said, and I take it upon myself to notice how much they've all grown.

I can't believe it's been 7 years though, it feels like forever ago. It probably helped that I didn't think to much about them because I thought they were gone for good.