Chapter Fifteen: By the Light of the Fireflies.

We finally made it home a few days later. I was so happy to be home. It was fun over in Osaka, but Oshu really couldn't be beat.

My head felt so much better by the time we made it back to Oshu. Kojuro kept checking on me, regardless.

It was just past sundown when we arrived. Kojuro got to making dinner upon entering our home. I wanted to help, but he assured me that he had it.

I was in the dining room, sitting at the table and drinking tea. Kanbe had gone to take a nap. Who knows where Masamune went.

I felt the bump on the back of my head. I wondered what kind of weapon could have caused an injury like that; it was like a blunt object,  but why would anyone even have that on a battlefield? Usually it would be like a sword or something right? I didn't linger on it for long. About an hour had passed, and I was still alone at the table. It was nice.

"Any room for me?" Masamune entered the room and sat down next to me before I could answer.

"Where have you been?" I asked, leaning on his shoulder.

"Went out for little." He smirked. "I thought you saw me leave, and thought maybe you would follow me,  but you're clueless." He laughed.

"I'm leaning on your shoulder, don't be a jerk." I smiled and nervously laughed.

"Nah," he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small wrapped up bundle. "I gotcha something."

"Hm?" I sat up and accepted the little gift. I opened it, to reveal a small circular pendant with a sapphire dragon upon it. I loved it.

"Wow...it's beautiful,  Masamune. Thank you." I pulled my hair to one side of my face, and sat with my back facing him. "Can you put it on me?"

He gently placed the pendant around my neck, then kissed the back of my neck gently. It tickled, and I squirmed. But I liked it.

I turned back around to face him, blushing.

"Be with me?" He asked.

It was obvious that my answer was yes, the way we acted around eachother now.

"Well...yes.." I trailed off like I was going to continue speaking, but I didn't.

"I wanted to make it official. This here..." he lifted my necklace and held it between his thumb and forefinger. "Means you're mine."

"Mmhmm..." I smirked. "And what would happen, should I change my mind?"

"Not gonna happen. You'll never want to leave me for someone else. You won't even get tired of me. I'll make sure of that."

All I could do was smile. If he was going to keep me, and make sure I was happy,  I wanted to see where this would go.
______________

After dinner that night,  I went to bed, but I couldn't sleep. Kanbe and Masamune were nearby, and I heard the sound of their voices but I couldn't quite catch what they were saying. Must have been civil though, since I didn't hear any taunting or furniture breaking.

I looked out my window. It was a full moon that night. I decided to sit outside in Kojuro's garden, lit only by the moon and some fireflies, and write to Mitsunari. I did so by sneaking out my window, since it was late and I should have been in bed.

I sat on a bench Kojuro had made for the garden. I began writing to Mitsunari.

          Dear Mitsu,
I'm home and settled in now, and I thought I would write to you since the night is quiet and beautiful.  How are you faring in Osaka? Good, I hope. Please tell me you will visit soon.