Stood-Up

As soon as I got home, I ran up to my room and threw myself onto my bed. I couldn't trust anyone. I could only trust my father and he's never here.

Whatever. I'm just lonely. Even though I come off as someone that doesn't need anyone, I actually do. I act like no one cares but the truth is I actually kind of do. Even though the people at my school make it so easy to not care.

I honestly just want to lay in bed and have a guy who treats me right laying next to me, holding me and telling me that everything is okay. A big house for a girl who has a father who is never home makes the girl even more lonely.

I decided to lay in my bed and do homework. Then I just watched music videos that I liked for the rest of the night until I went to sleep.

................................................................................................................................................................

"I regret to inform that Daniel has transferred schools." Miss Henderson said the next morning. "He has moved out of the state with his family. His father got a job in Chicago so that is where Daniel lives now."

Wow that was actually good luck for me. Good thing I'd never have to deal with him ever again.

AP history flew by again. I wasn't looking forward to seeing Brendon but I also wanted to see what pathetic excuses he would come up with.

After I bought my lunch I saw Brendon sitting with Jessica and her friends. Brendon looked over at me and ran over to me. I rolled my eyes.

"Margo Smith! I'm so sorry!" He exclaimed.

"Okay. Let's pretend we're in a movie, so just give me your pathetic excuse so I can go eat my lunch in peace."

"Wow, you really know how to give a guy a chance..."

"I did! You stood me up!" I was getting louder. "It wasn't a date but I actually was willing to let someone into my life and you went and ruined it." I walked off to where I usually sat at lunch.

Brendon ran after me. We were outside now.

"Please give me a chance to explain." He said.

"Fine." I said.

"I was on my way to the junior parking lot when my mom texted me and said I really needed to leave at that moment because my father was in the hospital. It might sound unbelievable but I'll even show you the text messages." Brendon held out his phone. It read "Mom" at the top.

The texts read "Sweetie, I know you said you wanted to hangout after school, but your father's in the hospital so we need to go right now!"

"Okay Mom. I'll be there." He replied to the text.

My heart sunk. I had really been that cold toward him.

"Brendon, I'm so sorry," I began.

"I understand why you felt that way and I wanted to tell you but I don't have any way to contact you." He said.

"Here," I took his phone and put my number in it. "Now you do."

"Thanks." He said. "I'll give you mine." I gave him my phone. He put it in quickly. "I still want to hear your life's story. Do you think we could meet in the parking lot again? I promise nothing will happen this time."

"Fine." I said. "I'm willing to give you a chance Urie."

He smiled. "I want to be your friend and you seem like a really cool girl underneath how you are toward other people. I want you to be able to consider me someone to lean on when you have trouble."

"Thanks, Brendon. See ya." I said. "Also, thanks for not lying to me."

"About what?" He asked.

"Going to the hospital," I began. "Also the fact that you wanted to see my boobs. Even though that was very player-like, you were honest which is a quality I admire." I smiled.

"I never lie." He smirked.

"Also, what happened with your dad? Is he okay?"

"He's totally fine he just had a kidney stone. I mean he's in absolute pain right now, but he's going to be okay."

I giggled at that comment.

"Why don't you come sit with us?" He asked.

"I can't. Jessica and I don't really get along. Again, I don't really get along with anyone at this school." I said.

"Well, you have me now. And I'm going to make it my mission that you and Jessica become friends."

"Okay." I said sarcastically.

"Like right now." Brendon said and dragged my arm.

"Brendon, what are you doing?" I asked.

"Breaking you out of your shell!" He exclaimed.

"Brendon no!"

"Brendon yes!" He mocked. He gently but forcibly dragged my arm until I got to Jessica's table.

Jessica smiled at Brendon and glared at me.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Jessica is Daniel's girlfriend. I have no idea if they are still dating cause he moved but whatever. Michael was at the table, so I kept trying to hide my face. WAIT Jessica was flirting with Brendon but she is dating Daniel. That made me think.

"Jessica, this is Margo. She's my friend and I hope that I'm her friend because I think she's good person and I want to get to know her better. So if it's okay with you, I want Margo to sit with us. I'm trying to bring her out of her shell." Brendon said. He still had his hand gripped around my arm. I smirked at him while he was talking.

"Anything for you Brendon." Jessica said. "Have a seat Margo."

Michael glared over at me. Brendon noticed but he continued to eat.

"So, Margo you're willing to show Brendon the pics but not me?" Michael asked.

"I'm sorry?" Brendon asked. "What pics?"

"Oh, Margo hasn't showed you yet? This'll be fun..."