Eight

<AN : please read the AN at the end of the chapter>

The time between testing and Australia flew by. Before I know it, I'm standing in Stoffel's pit box in Australia on Sunday afternoon, ready for the race to happen. I feel nervous for some reason, as Sylvia is standing next to me.

"He'll do great, Makenna, don't worry" she says, but I'm not convinced. The Honda engine isn't great and who knows what'll happen during the race.

"It'll be a miracle if he finishes" I mumble, as the cars line up after the formation lap. I take a deep breath, crossing my fingers for a good start.

The lights go out and my eyes are stuck on Stoffel's orange car, which moves away well. He stays out of trouble and everyone makes it through the first corner. Hamilton speeds off, staying in front with Vettel following him.

I frown at the video of Daniel Ricciardo still sitting in his garage.

"What's going on with him?" I ask Sylvia, who frowns as well.

"I heard there is a fuel problem or something" she mumbles, before her phone rings. I just keep looking at the monitor, following Stoffel's car around the track.

After 13 laps, the first driver retires. Romain Grosjean steps out of his car. Jolyon Palmer follows two laps after that. I keep feeling the nervous feeling in my stomach, scared that Stoffel's car will break down as well.

Ericsson, Ricciardo, Stroll and Magnussen all retire before the last 5 laps. The feeling of nervousness slowly fades as the race is almost ending. Sylvia has come back, standing next to me again.

But then, an orange car comes in sight, standing still in front of the box. My heart starts to beat faster, quickly checking if I can see the number 2 on the car.

"It's Alonso" Sylvia breaths out, making me sigh in relief as well.

"If one Mclaren can break down, the other can do too" I mumble, looking at Sylvia. She nods slowly, her eyes fixed on the screen in front of us.

The last lap starts and I feel myself smiling slightly, when Stoffel still steers his car around the track.

"It's a freaking miracle" I breath out, as he crosses the finish line. He finished last, but he still finished. 7 other drivers can't say the same.

"He managed well. He did a great job" Sylvia nods, giving me a smile. I nod and watch her preparing herself for the interviews.

"Can you tell Stof that I'm waiting in his motorhome?" Sylvia nods and waves at me. I make my way to Stoffel's motorhome, sitting down on the small couch, taking out my phone to scroll through Instagram.

Before I know it, the door opens, revealing my smiling, Belgian boyfriend.

"Hey" he softly says. I just stand up and wrap my arms around his neck.

"You did great, Stof" I mumble, kissing his cheek. The butterflies go crazy in my stomach, making me feel excited for the rest of the day.

"Thanks, babe. Should we go back to the hotel?" Stoffel asks, pushing his race suit down his legs. My eyes are stuck on his muscular body, making him grin as he takes off his white leggings as well. I blush slightly, looking away from his almost naked body.

"I love how shy you get around me, especially when I undress myself" Stoffel mumbles. I blush even more because of that. Stoffel puts on a pair of jeans and a shirt, before smiling at me.

"Let's go" I nod and grab ahold of Stoffel's hand, as we make our way out of the circuit and into a car. The car drives us back to the hotel, where we both get out and walk into the hotel.