Chapter Nine

Tobias POV

I leave to go get food for myself and Tris. I walk to the cafeteria as fast as possible. I am really hungry.

On my way there, I see Zeke. "Hey! Don't you have work?" I ask him.

"Don't you have to train initiates?" Zeke asks.

"I'm getting food for me and Tris." I say. He smirks.

"I got to go. Party at my house later? 8:00."

"Yeah. See you then." I jog away to the cafeteria.

I grab a chocolate chip muffin for Tris and a cinnamon muffin for myself and get back to the training room.

When I walk in, I see Tris pull away, forcefully, from one of the Erudite initiates and then they place their hands on her waist. I can see the anger in her eyes.

"Hey!" I yell. "Get your hands off of my girlfriend!"

Tris POV

"Hey! Get your hands off my girlfriend!"

Tobias storms into the training room. He has my muff in but he drops it when he sees Anthony kissing me.

"I- uh. You two are dating?!" Anthony looks a looks surprised and scared at the same time. For a minute I feel bad for him, but that disappears when I remember the feeling of his lips on mine. I scowl.

"Yes and you better not out your hands on my girlfriend again. I you do, I can have you kicked out of Dauntless before you can say dauntless cake. Got it?" Tobias yells.

Anthony nods. I can see the fear in his eyes.

"Everyone, get to lunch!"

The initiates put down their knives and run out of the door. I walk over to Tobias.

"I'm sorry. He just kissed me and- "

"It's fine. I know you wouldn't kiss him. Would you?"

I laugh. "No Tobias. I wouldn't." I stand on my toes and kiss Tobias. We kiss for about a minute when I pull away. "We should eat. Let's take out food and go to the cafeteria."

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you too Tobias." I grab his hand and we walk to the cafeteria together.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been super busy. Teachers just love to give homework on the weekends.

Also, this chapter is kinda short. I have writers block.

I will update soon.

-Heather🍪