Chapter Six

(a year later)

Tris POV

I wake up and look to my left to find the other side of the bed empty. Where is Tobias? Then I hear a door open and Tobias walks in the bedroom with a towel around his waist.

"Morning," I say half awake.

"Morning beautiful. You need to get in the shower. The new initiates come today." I almost forgot. Today is the choosing ceremony and I am training initiates with Tobias. (That is the job Tris chose. She works part time at the tattoo parlor with Tori)

I get in the shower and take as much time as possible without being late.

"Tris, I need to brush my teeth. Can I come in?"

"Yeah!" I hear the bathroom door open and hear the sink turn on.

"Tobias, can you grab me a towel. Please."

"Yes love." He grabs a towel and puts it in my hand which is sticking out of the shower curtain. I quickly dry myself off and kick Tobias out of the bathroom so I can get changed. I put on a black tank top, black jeans, and combats boots that Christina got me for my birthday.

When I walk out of the bathroom, Tobias is standing by the front door tapping his foot. "We're gonna be late."

"Whatever. Let's go." I grab his hand and drag him to the cafeteria. We both grab a cinnamon muffin and sit at the table with Zeke, Uriah, Christina, Will, Shauna, Marlene, and sometimes Al.

"So, Tris, do you and Tobias have the transfers or the Dauntless borns?" Shauna looks at me curiously.

"Transfers. Chri-"

"Me and Uriah have the Dauntless borns! I'm so excited. I am going to scare the living daylights out of them!" Christina says.

"We'll, we have to go to the net. Bye everyone." Tobias, Christina, Uriah, and I get up and walk out of the cafeteria to the net.

*************************************

We get there just to see a black and white blob hit the net. I reach my hand out and pull them out. It is a girl.

"What's your name? Think about it. You only get to choose once." She stands there for a minute thinking.

"Madeline," she finally says.

"Make the announcement Four," I yell.

"First jumper- Madeline." The Dauntless crowd comes out of the shadows and cheers. I see a smile creep across her face.

"Welcome to Dauntless," I say and pat her on the back. The next person falls into the net.

*************************************

After all of the initiates fall, we guide them down a hallway and in front of the doors leading to the Pit. There are 9 transfers.

Madeline- Candor

Jake- Candor

Baylee- Erudite

Andrew- Erudite

Anthony- Erudite

Sara- Erudite

Jack- Amity

Nicole- Abnegation

Anna- Abnegation

"Ok, this is where split. Dauntless borns go with Christina and Uriah. Transfers, you stay with us." Tobias says this as he points at me and him.

" I am going to assume that you guys don't need a tour of the place." Christina says. Uriah cuts in and says, "Although, you can't always assume." Then, they lead the Dauntless born out.

Tobias POV

"My name is Four, and this is Six. We will be your instructors for the next few weeks-"

"Are your names numbers?!" It's the first jumper, Madeline.

"Yes. Do you have a problem with that?" Tris walks up to her and gets in her face. Madeline looks like she is going to pee her pants. That's my girl.

"No. No problem at all. Actually, I love your names." Her face is as red as a tomato. She starts to back away from Tris.

Tris walks back up and stands next to me. "As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, Six works in the tattoo parlor and I work in the control room, but we will be training you for the next few weeks." Everyone nods their heads.

We lead them through the doors and into the Pit.

"This is the Pit. You will learn to love it. Better sooner than later. You will find all of the shops here." Tris yells this over the sounds of the Dauntless. We then lead them to the Chasm. "This is the chasm. It shows that there is a fine like between idiocy and bravery. One daredevil jump from the ledge will kill you. It had happened before and it will happen again." As Tris says this, I can see the sadness in her eyes. I want to comfort her but I can't. Not in front of the initiates.

Next, we lead them to the cafeteria to have lunch. Hamburgers, as usual. I see the initiates walk over to the table in the corner. Tris and I walk over to our usual table. I sit in the end seat and Tris sits next to me. After about a minute, Zeke, Uriah, Shauna, Christina, and Will join us at the table.

Christina and Uriah start to talk about their initiates. Tris and I just keep quiet. We know if we interrupt Christina, she will throw a fit. After about 10 minutes of Christina bragging about her initiates, Tris and I get up.

"Transfers, come with us." I yell this as loud as I can. The entire cafeteria goes silent. All of the transfers get up out of their seats and follow Tris and I.

Tris POV

We lead the transfers to their dorms. "This is your dorms. You will sleep here." I try to say this without any emotion.

"You have the rest of the day to do whatever you would like. Six and I expect to see all of you in the training room tomorrow at 8:00. Don't be late or there will be consequences." After Tobias says this, he shuts the door and grabs my hand. We walk back to our apartment to spend some time together.

When we get there, Tobias pulls out his key and opens the door. We walk in.

"I missed kissing you Tris. Do we have to hide our relationship? I can't take not holding your hand," Tobias wines.

"I don't think it matters." I lean in and kiss him. I put my arms on his waist and pull them up until they find them hem of his shirt. I pull it up and off of him. I look at his abs. He had an amazing body and it is all mine.

"Enjoying the view?" Tobias chuckles and goes in to kiss me. I tease him and just as out lips touch, I pull away and run out into the hallway.

I hear Tobias's footsteps behind me. I look back and her is smiling.

"Don't think you can get away that easy" he says. I laugh and keep running. The next thing I knew, Tobias's hands were on my waist lifting me up. He threw me over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I yell.

Tobias smiles at me. "Never!" I struggle for a little but soon realize that I won't be able to get away so I let him carry me back to the apartment.

When we get there, I see the door to the apartment open. Tobias puts me down and grabs a knife from his back pocket.

We walk to the door and I see someone sitting on the couch.

A/N: Wow! This is a long chapter. I was so into the story. Anyway, who should be in Tris and Tobias's apartment? Write a comment saying who it should be.

1. Caleb

2. Marcus

3. Eric

I will give everyone until Saturday, February 15 at 3:00.

Thanks for reading my story. Love you all. Don't forget to press that comment button and tell me who should be in the apartment.

Love you all <4

-Heather