His hand went to my hair and he opened and closed his fist. His fingers massaging my scalp. "I know he was."

"I just need time, okay? The implant means I know I'm gonna get it."

Chris pulled me into a kiss. I gave myself to it completely. He dominated me. Holding my head in place as he attacked my mouth with his. He pulled my hair, pulling my head back from him.

"Are you okay to?" He asked.

"Yes. God can we, please?" I answered.

"Let's go to the bedroom. I don't want to just have awkward couch sex." He said.

I got to my feet and he followed me down to the bedroom. As soon as we were inside the door he grabbed me pulling my dress off over my head. He lunged at me, kissing me ferociously as I scrambled to unbutton his red plaid shirt.

His mouth moved to my neck and I let my head fall back, my eyes closed. "Chris, you should punish me." I moaned.

"Not this time, Em." He murmured, not lifting his lips from my skin.

"But I let you down. I deserve it."

Chris pulled away from me. "What?" He said looking down on me.

I didn't want him to look at me like that, so I pushed myself back up against him and started to kiss at trail down his chest. "I let you down. And I'm sorry. But you should punish me. I deserve to be punished." I said, as I moved down his body.

"Emily..." Chris sighed.

I pulled away from him. "I'll get the cane. You can cane me."

I started walking to our closet and he grabbed my wrist. "Stop it, Emily."

"I let you down. I deserve it." I said again, looking up at him.

"You didn't let me down, babe." He said, softly.

I don't know what happened, but I was suddenly so angry. I was angry at him for not being mad at me. I was angry at myself. I was angry at the whole world. This wasn't fair. I shoved him. "Punish me!" I yelled.

"Em..."

I shoved him again and he grabbed my wrists pinning them behind my back and dragged me into his arms.

"Honey, you didn't let me down. Even if I did feel that way, that's not how we do this. We don't take out our feelings on each other like that. That's supposed to be fun." He soothed, holding me tightly against his chest.

I started crying. "It's not fair."

"Who ever told you life was fair?" Chris asked.

I shook my head. "Aren't you mad though? I'm so angry."

Chris walked me over to the bed and we both sat down. "Of course I am. Not with you. With the universe. The fact that these shitty things can happen for no reason. I can't take my anger at the universe out on you. It doesn't change anything anyway. I still love you. I still want us to have kids. I still think about our wedding day and remember it being the best day of my life."

"Your therapist is better than mine." I sniffed.

He laughed. "Well, I've been seeing him for longer than you've been seeing yours."

I put my hand on his thigh. "Do you still want to have sex?"

"Fuck yes. You know what it feels like to have your pussy tighten up around my dick?" He growled.

I shook my head. "No."

"Yeah, neither do I. It's been six weeks and I forget. I bet it's amazing." He pounced on me, pushing me back into the mattress. I squealed and he tickled me as he kissed and nipped at my throat.