8

Karma had soon fallen asleep, my fingers brushing through his crimson hair. I reached up to my lips, feeling the chapped skin that I was sure was still rosy pink.

It stung when my fingers ran over the small cut on my bottom lip caused by the great vampire himself who had probably forgotten about his fangs earlier when we kissed.

I hadn't given it much thought but I did notice it. Karma had changed, in a way. He wasn't as cocky and seemed to be less playful. It wasn't​ too obvious, though.

I stroked his soft crimson hair, wondering if he had something on his mind that was perhaps stressing him out. Now that I thought about it, I realized that I barely knew anything about him.

"What is it?" His husky voice snapped me out of my thoughts, spreading a vibrant shade similar in color to his hair across my face.

"Uh-It's no-nothing," I replied.

He turned so that he was lying on his abdomen as he stared up at me with bright mercury eyes.

"Wh-what?" I gulped. He sighed out loud, sitting up and leaning back against the couch.

"You tell me," he spared me a glance before closing his eyes.

I sat up, crossing my legs and pulling my hair back into a bun to keep it out of my face. Karma eyed me with an arched eyebrow, watching my every move with his wide mercury orbs.

"Say," He started, tilting his head subconsciously.

"What?"

"Let's go out," He said nonchalantly.

"Now?" I asked, rather surprised only to earn a nod from him and be jerked upwards.

"It's the best time," He stated, slipping his feet into his shoes and barely waiting for me to do so as well. His fingers were interlaced with mine, as he ran down the flight of stairs and out into the cool night.

"You're awfully slow, Y/n!" He said with a laugh, sparing me a glimpse before returning his attention to the road before us.

It was quite late in the evening and I could only imagine how horrible the traffic in the city would be at this time. Lucky for us though, I lived in a quiet town with not much activity; which, as good as it was could also be pretty dangerous.

"Karma!" I yelled, almost tripping over a step in the pavement. He laughed, dragging me along with him down a street that was lined with closed shops.

"Isn't this amazing?" He grinned back at me as the wind blew against us, the cool breeze making the run definitely worth it for a couch potato like me. It was hard to contain the laughter bubbling within me so I let it out, joined by his soon after.

To someone else it would probably look like two stupid kids were running away after breaking someone's window, or vandalizing other's property or something but we could care less of they thought.

We came to a halt before a massive building and all I could do was stare in awe. It was one of the most prestigious schools in the country- Kunugigaoka Junior High School. And if we were to get caught on the grounds of this school at this time, we were sure to be sent to our graves.

"Karma, you're going to get us killed!" I hissed, pulling the crimson haired vampire's arm, hoping to save my life.

"You worry too much, Y/n," He brushed me off and walked ahead towards the doors of the grand school.

"Karma!" I whisper-yelled, glaring at the back of the cocky red headed boy. I rushed after him, not wanting to get lost in this vast school.

He didn't head where I thought he would. Instead, he went around the school and into the forest behind it. I ran to catch up to him and held onto his sleeve.

"Scared?" He smirked at me.

"You wish," I huffed, looking away with a slight pout. I observed our surroundings and felt a shiver run down my spine. It was getting darker; the sky transforming into a pitch black. The tall trees around us didn't help either as they hid whatever little light the moon provide that night.

I felt his hand squeeze mine and a small smile tugged at my lips. Rather than looking out for danger, I observed the beauty in my surroundings- the chirping of the crickets and rustling of leaves because of the chilly breeze.

We soon arrived at a clearing where in the distance stood a small cabin of sorts. Although it was isolated, it looked to be in good shape.

"What is this?" I murmured, not realizing I said it aloud.

"The best place in this damned city," Karma stated, making his way towards the empty ground. Fine grass spread across the land around the small cabin, and it was then that I noticed the reason to why he liked this place so much. It was situated atop a hill and beneath the enchanting sky that was dotted with diamonds.

For a moment, all I could here was my breathing. It was incredibly calming- as if all the problems just faded away. No wonder he liked it here.

"It's..."

"There are no words that can describe the feeling this place gives me," He said softly, looking up at the mystical night sky.

"Come on," He grabbed my hand and headed towards one of the trees. "Trust me, when you get up there, it only gets better," He said with a smile that I had never thought I'd see on him. 

With a few unnoticed scrapes and scratches, I managed to climb the tree and sit atop a branch with Karma beside me. If I thought the previous view was magnificent, I was left speechless now. With the dark leaves bordering the top of the scene and the clearer view of the city and town merging, it was even more beautiful.

"Careful there," I shivered under his touch, feeling his cold fingers brushing the small of my back even though I wore a rather thick sweater. I couldn't keep the blush from spreading across my cheeks and was glad for the darkness surrounding us.

"You're awfully red," He smirked and I cursed myself for jinxing it. How silly I was to forget that vampires had annoyingly good eyesight.

"Shut up," I grumbled, turning my head the other way with a huff. He chuckled, pulling me closer, nearly giving me a heart attack.

"Karma, you idiot! We're like 15 feet above the ground!" He ignored my words, nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck and wrapping his arms around me as he rested against the trunk of the tree.

"Y/n," He mumbled, making my heart race and the blush on my face to darken. He peppered tender kisses along the curve of my neck and shoulder, his arms tightening around me. I bit my lip to contain the lewd noises surfacing but my attempt was futile.

The red head simply chuckled and continued teasing me, his fingers trailing down my arms and to my waist.

"You're going to get us killed," I murmured breathlessly.

"Speak like that again and I'll forget we're 15 feet above the ground," He said huskily, nipping my ear. Without a warning, the cocky bastard jumped off the tree, leaving me no choice but to scream for my life.

Whether I died or lived- I didn't know. But I knew that he was certainly dead for pulling off that stunt.

•●•●•

Aloha!! Sorry for so many late updates. I don't think I'll be able to update soon though. There's so much stuff to do and it's just...I am running out of time! But I will update! However, it might be weekly or even monthly..perhaps in the middle of the two as well. 

Thank you so much for reading, liking and commenting. It's only cause of you, Reader chan that I can write these stories. You guys are really encouraging and helpful so thank youuuuuuuuu!!!!

Please like if you enjoyed reading, comment your thoughts on it, after all readers' opinion matters and do share with other otakus who love Karma!!! (I mean...who doesn't love Karma...)

Anyway....Have a great day/ night wherever you are!

Byeeeee 😄😄

​​​​​