"I Love You" // Archie Andrews {REQUESTED}

Dedicated to: Sarah

It was just another normal Wednesday at Riverdale High. While you were on your way to the first class of the day, you accidentally bumped into Archie Andrews, one of your enemies growing up. Ever since the fourth grade, he couldn't stand you. Moments after bumping into each other, he gave you a glare. "Watch where you're going, Sarah," he said angrily. "Sorry," you muttered as you were on your way to your first-period class, which was chemistry. While in class, your best friend, Kevin, was looking at you. You both have been close since you were in kindergarten.

"Sarah, are you okay? You seem down."

Once he asked you, you sighed as tears formed. Archie was being a jerk to me before the bell rang. After I accidentally bumped into him, he gave me one of his evil glares and told me to watch where I was going," you explained as he rubbed your back. "Just try to ignore him. People like Archie aren't worth it," he told you. You manage to nod at him as you were both working on the class assignment that was given. It wasn't until lunchtime that the unthinkable happened. Reggie and some of the football players of the Riverdale Bulldogs varsity football team were teasing you and pushing you around.

"Leave me alone, Reggie, or else..."

"Or else what, Sarah?"

Before you could say anything, Archie stepped in. "Leave her alone, Reggie," he said. Reggie stopped what he was doing and looked at Archie.

"What did you say, Andrews?"

"Leave her alone."

Reggie scoffed as he looked at Archie. While shaking his head, he walked away. Archie looked at you with soft eyes as you tucked your hair behind your ear. "Are you okay, Sarah?" he asked. "Yeah, thanks," you said as he nodded. As he was about to walk away, you spoke up.

"May I ask you something?"

He turned around and faced you once you asked. "Sure," he said. "Why did you stick up for me? I thought you hated me?" you asked. Archie took a deep breath. "Girls like you don't deserve to be teased and pushed around by anyone, especially by jocks like Reggie," he explained. This caused you to lightly smile. "I see. Thanks again, Archie, I appreciate it," you said. "No problem, Sarah," he replied. As Archie walked back to his lunch table, you couldn't help but be forever grateful for what he did. Maybe Archie wasn't as bad as you thought.