PART 4

PART 4

NARRATOR'S POV

Dev was frantically driving through the lonely streets in jet speed. Any person who saw his present state would undoubtedly clarify that he was crazy and insane and that too without any scientific analysis. He broke all the traffic rules and all the ethos that he should follow while driving-ONLY FOR HIS SONA. Even while driving he kept stealing glances at Sona, as if he was trying to convince himself that she was fine, not that she actually was but just for his confirmation. The car seats were slowly getting soaked in her blood with every passing second and all he could do was helplessly stare at her disheveled state.

As he was driving he felt a pair of soft hands tugging into his muscular hands and he knew it was Sona's. Her face was weak and her chest region was drenched in blood, anyone who saw her in such a state would undoubtedly be filled with tears and Dev's condition was not different. His heart sank seeing his otherwise strong and bold girl lying like a piece of flesh in front of him trying to fight the pain that was conquering her body.

####################################################################################

After some time, they reached the hospital. Dev quickly got out of the car and called out to the hospital staff for a stretcher. He then took her up in his arms and slowly kept her on the stretcher. The hospital staff rushed her to the Operation Theatre while Dev was tightly holding her hands trying to give courage not only to her but also to himself. When they reached the OT he slowly released his hand while the doors closed creating a huge distance between him and Sona.

After some hours,

The big white clock kept outside the OT struck 10, but still there was nothing which indicated Dev whether Sona was fine or not. Sometime before Dr. Sharma the doctor who was treating her had asked him to arrange blood for Sona as she had lost a lot of it due to the impacts on her body. It was not an easy task but he did it with a lot of difficulty to save her. He remembered doing the same thing for the same person at a similar condition. As he kept sitting there his thoughts kept on drifting to a lot of things and one of the scariest things he thought was Sona's Death. He couldn't fathom his life if something happens to Sona. For the past 7 years he was satisfied with the fact that even if she was not in front of his eyes she would be safe, leading a comfortable life. Now the very thought of something happening to Sona scared him as he would have to live without her and answer his daughter's questions about his duty of protecting her mother.

As he was lost in his thoughts Dr.Sharma called him to her cabin. As he slowly opened the door he saw another Doctor sitting with Dr.Sharma. He could make out from their faces that Sona's condition was not that good.

DR.SHARMA: MR DIXIT, PLEASE COME IN, she said politely. This is Dr. Malhotra, Dr. Bose's gynecologist. Actually when she used to stay in Delhi she used to come to this hospital for her regular checkups and ultrasounds but after she shifted to Kolkata we referred her to Dr.Malhotra. Now she is here for 2 weeks and she would be able to brief you about Sonakshi's condition and her complications during pregnancy. Saying this she made her way out of the cabin leaving Dev and the doctor alone in the cabin.

DR MALHOTRA: MR DIXIT, SINCE YOU BOTH WERE NOT TOGETHER WHILE SONAKSHI WAS PREGNANT, I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE YOU AWARE ABOUT HER PREGNENCY AND RELATE IT WITH HER CONDITION AT PRESENT. I HOPE YOU ARE AWARE OF THE FACT THAT SONAKSHI IS HAVING A WEAK UTERUS.

DEV: YES DOCTOR I AM AWARE OF IT, he said emotionlessly.

DR MALHOTRA: SEE MR.DIXIT, SINCE SONAKSHI WAS HAVING AN INCONCEIVABLE UTERUS HER DELIVERY AS WELL AS HER GESTATION PERIOD WAS HIGHLY COMPLICATED. SHE USED TO HAVE BLEEDING AND HER DELIVERY WAS A C-SECTION. DUE TO THIS SHE HAS A LOT OF SCARS ON HER BELLY.DUE TO THE IMPACT OF THE KNIVES ON HER BELLY THE WOUNDS HAVE RESURFACED WHICH IS PROBABLY CAUSING HER IMMENSE PAIN. AT PRESENT SHE IS FINE BUT SHE WILL HAVE TO BE HERE AS WE NEED TO OBSERVE HER. IF YOU WANT YOU CAN MEET HER BUT SHE WILL TAKE SOME TIME TO RESPOND DUE TO THE IMPACT OF THE PAIN KILLERS. WE HAVE SHIFTED HER TO THE ICU.

Dev never thought in his wildest dreams that Sona would have gone through a lot not only emotionally but also physically but her ability to remain strong always, made him really happy. Just then he thought about informing Sona's parents about her condition.

After sometime Bejoy, Asha, Suhana and Jatin came there- they were really sad and Suhana was badly crying hearing that her mother was in the ICU. Amidst all the fuss Dev could feel Jatin's piercing gaze on him. He felt as if Jatin's eyes were accusing him. His thoughts became true when Jatin came upto him and said, I NEED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT SOMETHING,ITS REALLY URGRNT.

OUTSIDE THE HOSPITAL

JATIN: DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT'S HAPPENING AROUND YOU? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHY IS SONA ON THE HOSPITAL BED IN SUCH A PATHETIC CONDITION?

DEV: JATIN ,WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

JATIN: I MEAN WHAT I SAY MR. DIXIT.DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT SONA WAS TRYING TO PROTECT YOU AND YOUR MOTHER FROM KHATRI.

DEV: WHAT!!!! he exclaimed. WHAT IS SHE DOING WITH KHATRI AND WHY IS SHE PROTECTING ME AND MY FAMILY WHEN WHAT SHE GOT FROM US WAS SADNESS AND HUMILIATION, he said with a lot of sadness.

JATIN: BECAUSE SHE LOVES YOU.

DEV: WHAT!!!!!!, Dev said shockingly. He was happy and overwhelmed as he heard it but he didn't express it infront of Jatin.

JATIN: DEV, THERE IS A LOT YOU SHOULD KNOW. And he told him everything about their encounters with Khatri to Sona offering him money, her agreeing to meet Khatri alone to make a compromise with him.

After hearing all this all Dev could do was cry his lungs out for whatever he told her, him calling her a bad mother and questioning her character. For once he felt like killing himself and he loathed himself for hurting her. With a heavy heart he went inside the hospital and saw his daughter crying and upon seeing him she ran to his arms and said,

SUHANA: PAPPA, MAMMA WILL BE ALRIGHT NA?

DEV: YES BETA, MAMMA WILL BE ALRIGHT SOON.THIS IS PAPPA'S PROMISE.

Just then the nurse came out and asked who is Dev. Dev abruptly replied that he was Dev and the nurse told him that the patient was murmuring his name and wanted to meet him. Dev was extremely happy upon knowing that HIS Sona needed him so badly just like he needed her and he suddenly got up and rushed to the ICU to get a glimpse of his Sona.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

THAT'S ALL FOR 2DAY I KNOW THAT I AM A BIT LATE AND I LL TRY TO UPDATE SOON!!!!