Part 4 Not a Dream

Beginne am Anfang

“Ace?” He heard someone calling his name. “Ace, are you really here?” The voice kept on going closer to him.

“I’m here.” He said while his mouth was full.

Arene was a bit surprised with the response but she was expecting it, since Tephanie said that it was not a dream. She called his name again and received a response from him again.

“I’m here, Arene.” He made his voice louder to be heard.

“He even knows my name.” She said to herself and decided run to where the voice was coming from. She was still stunned that Ace, Portgas D. Ace, was in their house, in their kitchen, in front her while eating with such an adorable expression. She just wanted to shout in excitement and she did.

  “You’re real! Ace is in my house.” She shouted and jumped in so much thrill. “Ace is in my house. ACE is in my HOUSE!”

 He was astonished with her action that made him stood up and stopped from eating. He immediately covered her mouth with his hand as soon as he got hold of her.

“What is it with you? I thought I should not be found, then why are you acting like this.” He covered her mouth tightly and looked onto her eyes intensely.

 She tried to removed his hand onto her face but she couldn’t he was too strong that she couldn’t barely breath. She was having tantrums as she tried to get away from him. But as she tried even more the tighter he held so she just calm down and he let go slowly, cautious that she will shout again.

“Huh!” She let out a breath of relief. She thought she was running out of air. “Are you trying to kill me?” She talked in madness.

“I am just being cautious. That’s what you have been doing last night, right?” He excused himself.

“I agree, but you don’t have to do that, you almost killed me.” She still felt angry.

“Would you also be like that if I use my mouth to stop you from shouting?” He teased her.

She was out of word with what he said; Ace could be naughty sometimes. She just stared at him blankly as if she was picturing herself in that situation where Ace would do that.

He moved his face closer to her, as he observed her reaction. He stared at her face and slowly moved towards her lips, but she was able to dodge him, she was not ready for it and she thought she would never be. They both moved their head and turned their back from one another. It felt awkward for both of them. Ace thought that he should have never brought that joke. At last, one finally had the courage to break the awkwardness between them.

“As I was saying, ehem...” She cleared her throat. “As I was saying, you are really here, ACE!” She could not still contain her excitement that every time she says his name, it could make her scream those three letters A – C – E! She stopped shouting when she saw that Ace was about to cover her mouth again. “I’ll stop shouting now.”