Part 3 Relieved

“Think Arene think!” She said anxiously. She calmed herself  and take a deep breath. “Think, think, and think!” She slowly and repeatedly uttered the word.

Arene, are you there? I am going in your room.” She opened the door and found Arene with the pile of books on her. “Darling, what are you doing? Isn’t it too late for your general cleaning?”

“Mom, you’re right," She chuckled awkwrdly.  "I am going to finish this mom. I am sorry I wasn’t able to open the door for you, I just got so engrossed with what I am doing.” She just kept on blabbering.

“It’s okay, your dad have an extra key, so no worries.” Her mom seemed convinced with her act. “So, did you have your dinner?”

“Yup! I already have mom." She struggled as she pushed the books on the floor, they keep on moving somehow. "Mom and Dad should eat their dinner, I know your hungry and tired from work. Just reheat what I cooked.”

"Thanks darling, be sure to fix that mess.” She smiled at her and left the room.

“Sure mom, go have your dinner with dad, I am sure you’re going love what I’ve cooked for you.”  She felt relieved once her was out of sight. Panicking, she stood from the books, some  books on her lap hit Ace’s head, back and arms. He tried to suppress the pain from those books but he failed and let out a cry.

“Ace, what are you doing?" Her voice was whisper-shout at him. "Lie down.” She admonished and harshly, pushing his head down back on the floor. Poor Ace...

 “Who was that?” Fretful by what her mom just heard from her room, she was once again inside her room.

“Ouch, ouch, ouch!” She pretended that the cry came from her “Ouch, it’s just me mom.”

“Are you hurt?” She asked worriedly.

“Just cramps mom.” She lied and she did not want it.

“Better if you rest now.”

“I will mom, you must be hungry, go have your dinner mom, and I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes mom.”

“Okay, we’ll have our dinner. And before I forgot, we’re going to have a business trip for a week, will you be okay?”

“Alright! This is a perfect timing.” She thought.

“We’ll leave the credit card, be wise in spending, huh?”

“Yes mom, thanks enjoy your dinner, I’ll just finish this, and then I’ll sleep. Have a safe trip tomorrow.”

Finally, she was able to let out breath of relief. She was glad that her mom did not see Ace.

“Ace would be careful next time? We we’re almost caught by my mom.” She spanned the distance from where she was standing to the place where he was lying. She grabbed his Buddha necklace and gave a shot of warning through his eyes.

“It’s not my fault, I was hurt.” He explained himself. “You’re the one who dropped hard bound books on me.”

“Wow! What a love quarrel we have here!” Out of the blue, these words came from the voice of a girl.

Tephanie, I know you will come.” She turned her eyes to the door and met the eyes of her friend. She ran to her. “Thanks Tephanie.”