Legolas

You followed Legolas deep through the paths of Lothlorien, your eyes wide as you took in the natural beauty of the place, something that had been a wonder to you since you arrived, and now Legolas was showing you.

Multiple times, he glanced at you, making sure that you were still following, only to smile to himself when he saw you looking around, taking in as much detail as he could. He'd offered after the Lothlorien elves had told you no, because you were an outsider, you were not meant to see beyond what was allowed.

But Legolas knew, he knew how much you truly belonged.

"Thank you Legolas." You said quietly at one point, staring at your feet as you felt your cheeks go a little red. "This means a lot."

"It is of no problem, just don't say anything to the other elves." He said playfully. "I'm likely to get in trouble."

A momentary look of panic came over you. "But-"

Legolas chuckled. "Relax Y/N. It took some convincing, but they eventually agreed. I promise we are allowed out here."

"Oh." Your gaze returned to your feet again. "Thank you..."

He watched you, and when you didn't look back up, he paused, gently tipping you head back to look at him. "You have nothing to be embarrassed about Y/N..."

Looking up at him though, you felt more heat rush to your cheeks and you broke away, taking a few steps forward, stopping by a stream.

"This is one of the borders," Legolas said softly. "I had not realised that we had walked so far."

"Time doesn't exist here. We could stay here forever and no one would know." You said, more to yourself than him as you watched the crystal clear water flow. "It is beautiful."

"It is." He agreed. "Although I'm sure the other would eventually miss our presence."

"Yours maybe." You said before you could think, and swallowed hard as you said it.

Legolas was once again by your side, giving you an odd look. "Do you not think that the others notice you?"

You shook your head. "I mean, I am not as a capable warrior as Aragorn or Boromir, I don't have the sturdiness of Gimli, or the accuracy of you. Even the hobbits offer more than me. I am just...here."

"And very welcome," You jumped a little at his closeness, looking around at him, surprised, his gaze soft. "You are our heart Y/N, you make us laugh when we seem too grim, your curiosity means that we learn just as much as you. You think that you are not capable, but in reality of it, you are more capable than the rest of us. It is only because of you that we have lasted this long."

You felt yours eyes start to water and went to look away, but he caught you, making you hold his eye contact. "Legolas..."

He pressed his lips to yours briefly, barely there, but it made your breath hitch a little as he smiled warmly at you.

"I promise," He said quietly. "You are important here."

Without another word, you threw your arms around him, making him stagger a little, but when he regained his balance, his arms wrapped around you, securing you safely against him.

You both stood in silence, just holding each other, the only noise from the stream, and had you not known any better, you would have truly believed that this moment could last forever.