Chapter Five

"I'm not particularly good at sports," I say in between breaths and faint giggles, "Kazuma– I mean, my older brother taught me!!"

     "Oh~", Kuroo purrs with a sly smile. "So, your brother, Kazuma...was he good at volleyball?"

     I nod in excitement, with my face sparkling. "Yeah, he was the best!" I exclaim loudly. Immediately after saying this, my smile fades somewhat, and Kuroo clearly noticed.

     "Hm? What's wrong?" Kuroo walks over to me, crouching to see my sad expression.

     I look up with a slight embarrassed reaction. "Oh, no, it's–" I stutter a bit before quietly speaking. "It's just..I look up to my brother, you know? And..I haven't seen him in awhile...in his last year of high school, just before going to nationals, he got hurt...badly hurt, and he wasn't able to play, which made his team lose...I don't think he's ever really gotten over that, and it makes me kind of sad, too."

     While I'm looking at my feet, I feel Kuroo's hand move my hair behind my ear. Shocked and blushing some, I look up to meet Kuroo's gaze. He smiles gently at me, and speaks softly.

     "Then," he grabs my hand and pulls me toward the middle of the field, "let's show your brother how much he inspires you!"

     For about an hour, Kuroo and I practice the basic volleyball skills. Because of Kazuma, I already know how the game itself works, but my body doesn't completely understand. Kuroo helps me work on the physical portion of the game, while teaching me some terms I'd never heard before.

     "No–no more.." As I try to catch my breath, Kuroo walks up next to me, sits down, and pulls me down next to him. He lies down on his back, pulling me close to him so that my left cheek rests on his chest.

     "K-Kuroo..san..?" With my face flushed a bright pink shade, I call out to Kuroo with noticeable shock and embarrassment.

     Kuroo puts both his arms around me, and I can hear his heart beat just a little faster. "Heh..this was a really great date," he nuzzles his head closer to mine. "I...hope it isn't too early to say this, but I'm really glad to have met you.."

     Since I've always been a shy person, normally, I would try to push him off of me, and run away; however, this time was...different.

     I pull Kuroo close, wrapping my right arm around him, smiling. "No, it isn't too early to say it, Kuroo...I'm really glad you and I met, as well. Thank you for today."

     I really wasn't sure about moving here, but...I can already tell...this is a place I will undoubtedly be able to call "home"...

     As I begin to drift off in fantasy world, Kuroo's cellphone rings. The two of us sit up so he can answer the call, and I roll my eyes because that damn phone just ruined our cuddle time!

     "Hello? Yeah? Yeah...okay...right now? Alright, yeah...see you in a bit...bye." Kuroo hangs up, and slowly turns to look at me.

     I stare at him softly, "hey, if you need to go, you can." I stand up, holding out my hand to help Kuroo up.

     He looks at the ground, seemingly guilty, and quietly asks, "are...you sure?" He looks up at me with a frown.

     I smile gently at him. "If it's something you need to do, then do it. You can see me whenever you want." I grab both of Kuroo's hands, and pull him to his feet. "I'll wait for you..for as long as you may need," I say blushing ever-so-slightly.

     He stares at me with awe in his eyes. Just before I could let go of his hands, he pulls mine close behind him, and embraces me.

     As Kuroo and I stood in silence, hugging, I felt warmer than I ever had before. Without realizing, I started to fall for Kuroo.

     Kuroo pulls away from the hug, still holding his arms around my shoulders and neck, looking at me with sad, longing eyes, and sighs. "Then...can I see you tomorrow?"

     "I'm all yours," I say giggling. "Now," I lightly shove him off, smiling widely, "you should be going. You don't want to be late, and worry anyone, right?"

     "Right..!" Kuroo nods, and begins to run in the opposite direction. Once he is completely out of sight, I walk back to my house, feeling giddy, excited, and embarrassed.

     When I walk through my door, I see a note next to the coat rack in the front entrance. "Went to the store, be back soon, love you! -mom", the note read.

     "Makes sense she isn't home. They've got some pretty good sales today," smiling, I take my shoes off, and neatly place them to the side. I walk towards the kitchen, grab some snacks, and head off to my bedroom.

     "Even though our first date was short lived, I'd say that it's one for the books!" I laugh at my own silliness, and begin munching on my chips, and soda. Looking at pictures on my Instagram, my mind trails off, and I start thinking about him.

     I hope Kuroo is okay. I'm sure he is, but that call seemed important, and important things always make me worry..I wonder what he's doing right now...I wonder if he...

     With my mind in seven different places, I ended up falling asleep, leaving my thoughts to disappear with the sun.

A/N: Oops, I haven't updated since February. I'm so sorry to anyone who actually reads this, hahah. O///O;
School is almost out, so I will try to be a little bit more active! (But I won't promise that, bc...I suck at keeping up with stuff like this, sry.)