Chapter 13

Emily was in her car driving back to her place, when she saw a mob of people on the sidewalk. 

"Woah, what is...IS THAT ROCKY?" she whispered to herself. 

There was a girl getting harassed, just like she had been months ago. Her stomach did a back flip at the thought of the memory. And, Rocky had apparently been there to save the day. The guys ran off, and Rocky gave the girl a hug. She suddently felt down-graded. The same situation had happened to her, and that's how she ended up with Rocky. Emily pulled up, and rolled down her window. 

"Hey Rocky!" she shouted. 

"Oh hey! Do you mind if I take Emma back to her place? She needs a ride. I'll be real quick, then we can meet up at my place?" 

Emily gulped, "Uh...sure. No problem...uh see you then." Then she drove off. 

Her heart was beating out of her chest as she drove home. The same thing that happened to her happened to that girl. And now Rocky was taking her back to her place. What was that supposed to mean? Rocky got Emily's number after that night. Was he about to get another? Was this a susual thing for him? There were all thoughts as she drove to the Lynch house. She pulled up and rang the doorbell. 

"Emily?!" Delly smiled, pulling her into a hug. 

"Hey Delly." 

"You look down," she frowned. 

"Eh, it's nothing," sighed Emily. 

"No it's not. Here, that a seat," she patted the spot next to her on the couch. "So what's up?" 

"Well...Rocky-"

"Rocky?! What'd he do?! Ugh I'm gonna' punch him." 

"No, no, don't," Emily laughed. 

"Where is he anyway?" 

"Well. that's the problem. Remember when I told you how Rocky and I met?" 

"Yup," Rydel nodded. 

"Well... I was driving by, and I saw him helping another girl. And, it looked exactly like what had happened to me. I pulled up and he said he was 'gonna take her back to her place'." 

Rydel continued to listen intently. 

"And I'm worried! 'Cuz when he took me back to my place he got my number. And, look where we are now! We've been dating for like three months. What if he's tired of me?! What if he likes 'Emma' more?!" 

"Who's Emma?" Rydel asked confused. 

"Oh sorry, it's the girl's name...apparently." 

"Emily you're over thinking! You're all Rocky talks about. I'm sure he's not tired of you!" Rydel reassured her. 

Emily sighed, "I hope he's not. Anyway... he said he'd meet me here after he dropped her off." 

Both Emily and Rydel's heads turned toward the door, as they heard a click. 

"That's probably Rocky," Rydel said, standing up. "Have fun!" she yelled as she headed to her room. 

Rocky's head popped through the door, and he smiled at the sight of Emily. 

"Hey babe," he acknowledged her as he gave her a hug. 

"Hey Rocky," she sighed. 

"Are you okay?" Rocky looked down at her worried. 

"Uh...yeah of course." 

"No you're not. I know you too well. Tell me." 

"I'm fine Rocky," she sat down. 

"Baby...please tell me. I don't like seeing you down. I miss your smile." 

She took a deep breath before blurting out, "If you've found someone better...just tell me and I'll understand..." 

"What?" Rocky asked shocked, "Why would you think that?" 

Emily looked down as she played with the ring on her finger. 

He gently tilted her chin up, "Why would you think that?" he whispered again. 

"Well...Emma-" 

"What? I just met Emma. And I love you remember?" he said, poking her ring. 

"Yeah," she replied, as the corners of her mouth turned up. 

"Good," Rocky smiked. 

He pulled her into an embrace again, this time kissing her temple. 

"Well I should go now, since I have class tomorrow." 

"Man, you're gonna' leave me?" 

She giggled, "You have plenty of company anyway. I'll see you later." 

"Alright, see ya."