Chapter 5 - Back in Their Old Home

Yang Meng and Gu Hai went back to the Police Station and by the time they came out, it was already dark. The scene of the car accident and Bai Luo Yin's helpless condition kept on playing on Gu Hai's restless mind.

He took out his mobile phone to see a message from Yan Yajing. Nothing more but words of blessings for Gu Hai. Gu Hai was slightly relieved and pleased after he saw the message. He felt that he was not mistaken with Yan Yajing. She is not a simple woman. She has a strong desire to control things, but she is very good at heart.

Early in the morning of the next day, Gu Hai first attended to company matters and went out again. Yan Yajing looked at Gu Hai from a distance. She was already accepting her new reality that his heart could not be hers. How many times would she dream of taking him into her arms, but she had been fooling herself. She already knew what made Gu Hai so worried and in love with Bai Luo Yin for eight years.

***

Bai Luo Yin got up very early the next morning. He lost much of his sleep last night because of thinking too much about his close encounter with Gu Hai. Bai Han Qi called him and told him about the things at home and about Gu Hai. Bai Luo Yin with his heart pounding took Gu Hai's school uniforms from his pillowcase. He hugged it and fell asleep with bright daylight coming in from the windows.

As soon as it was getting dark, Bai Luo Yin woke up. He neatly folded Gu Hai's school uniform and put it back in the pillowcase. He picked up his mobile phone and was slightly disappointed to see not any missed calls. He got up of bed, washed himself, and went to the training field.

***

Gu Hai drove to the army for the first time after so many years. When Gu Hai came to the entrance of the army, he noticed that the garrison now had a different soldier assigned than when he had stayed in the camp when he was younger. He was more dignified and mysterious.

Gu Hai looked up to observe a group of flying helicopters overhead.

Is Bai Luo Yin in one?

Had not Bai Han Qi told him the truth, he really would not expect him to be so near. Gu Hai drove the car just up to the gate and was stopped by a guard.

"Hello, comrade. Who would you like to talk to?"

"Salute comrade! May I ask if Bai Luo Yin is here?" Gu Hai looked at the window, and the guard looked at the man in front of him.

"Excuse me, why do you want to see Commander Bai? Did you come to visit?"

When he heard 'Commander Bai', Gu Hai smiled automatically.

"I am his distant relative, I just came back from abroad and came to see him." Gu Hai perfectly lied.

At first he thought of giving Bai Luo Yin a call but he was worried that once Bai Luo Yin would hear his voice, he would hung up the telephone. Thus, he might as well personally come. Gu Hai had thought a lot of their meeting scenes in his mind.

"Hello, is the Duty Room available? Please inform Commander Bai of a family visit. The visitor will be in the Duty Room."

"Sir, please pull the car aside. I have already informed the duty room." Gu Hai nodded, he pulled the car aside, got off the car and waited at the door.

Since Bai Luo Yin has just finished his training, he went back to the dormitory to wash himself. He would like to go home to ask Bai Han Qi about the matter with Gu Hai yesterday. He still didn't know how to face Gu Hai. He has just packed up his clothes when the telephone rang, letting him go to the duty room.

Relatives? We don't have any relatives in our family. Could it be that he went to find me in the army?

Bai Luo Yin simply bowed his head, touched his face, picked up his clothes and walked towards the door. Bai Luo Yin touched his pocket and pulled out a phone SIM card. He stopped and looked at the card in his shaking hands. He put it back in his pocket and hurriedly went forward.