Chapter 2 - Using All My Strength to Prove You

Early in the morning, Gu Wei Ting was sitting at his desk. He was reviewing various units' reports on exercise plans and staffing. Then he saw the exercise plan for XX troop, with Bai Luo Yin's name in his field of vision from the list of participating staffs.

Eight years ago, he sent Bai Luo Yin to the Gansu special brigade. (Gansu is a province in north-central China, famous for the striking Overhanging Great Wall and imposing Jiayuguan Pass fortress complex, both part of the Great Wall of China. This province includes a portion of the Gobi Dessert.) He wanted him to learn to fend for himself. But Bai Luo Yin is a natural-born stubborn child. Not only did he let himself be beaten down the ground, but by virtue of his stubbornness, he quickly became the leader of the new batch of recruits. He is proficient in grappling, shooting, combat and everything. He participated in several anti-terrorism and international peacekeeping missions and is the first recruit to become the first class, military commander of the newly implementation anti-terrorism and anti-spy mission.

He was sent to the military school when Gu Wei Ting picked him outside the camp. These years, Gu Wei Ting used various channels to monitor Bai Luo Yin's situation avoiding direct confrontation with him. He did not think that this boy is has a strong passionate will. He is also aware that Bai Luo Yin will be difficult to control the moment he stepped out of the gates of the camp. He believes the he might need Bai Luo Yin's help perhaps one day.

In the afternoon at the main staff meeting room, Gu Wei Ting once again saw Bai Luo Yin after so many years. Bai Luo Yin was wearing straight new uniforms, shiny shoes and his cold face. Gu Wei Ting could not help but admire Bai Luo Yin. This boy, is a grown up man now. Gu Wei Ting shook hands with the soldiers one by one. By the time he extended hands to Bai Luo Yin's, Gu Wei Ting but did not dare to look directly at his eyes. Bai Luo Yin did not care to take Gu Wei Ting's hands. Old Gu was stunned for a moment and then patted Bai Luo Yin's shoulder. All the staff inside the meeting room did not think that Bai Luo Yin would not take the hands of the now Vice Minister. Gu Wei Ting's furious disposition is famous in the army. At the end of the meeting, Gu Wei Ting asked Bai Luo Yin to remain in the meeting room. A few of his comrades waited outside the conference room curiously eavesdropping every movement and sound inside.

"It's been a long time not seeing you for so many years, Bai Luo Yin. You've changed a lot, ah!" Gu Wei Ting stood in front of him impressed.

Bai Luo Yin coldly smiled, "How, vice minister Gu? Am I now not everything that what you want? Gu Hai did not want to be a soldier, he would never want to be your pawn. I know that you were really bent on separating us together that you planned the car accident to achieve your purpose. You did not expect that it was Gu Hai that will accept the injury. If not for me, Gu Hai would have long left you." Bai Luo Yin said with some aggression.

Gu Wei Ting pulled over the chair and sat opposite Bai Luo Yin, "Luo Yin, you should grow up, I can say you can become stronger."

"I grew up already. When you threw me into the army, I grew up. And I really want to become strong. Only if I am strong, I can protect my Family, I can protect Gu Hai! Only if I am strong, I will not be your pawn. I can be on my own, I will do the things I want. I have my own life."

Gu Wei Ting was shocked to learn that Bai Luo Yin's eight years of perseverance is actually for Gu Hai.

"The day the company group was listed, did you go to Gu Hai to send the basket of flowers?"

"Yes!" Bai Luo Yin's very agile answer.

"There's a girl that's always on Gu Hai's side. She is a girl from Gu Hai 's college and I have always appreciated her. I hope she can become our family's future daughter-in-law."