Prologue

What if the one you live for each second leaves you alone to wait an endless wait. It is often easier for those leave but tougher for the ones who stay behind in hope of their return. This story is about two characters –Meera and Shekhar and their incomplete love stories. While Meera is having an endless wait , Will shekhar complete his?

 It was Friday morning and Meera was getting ready for the day. She looked into the mirror, everything she wore was of his choice. She has put on his favorite cologne. These earrings that he gifted her on their anniversary. She remembered to keep her hair loose the way he liked.

As she looked into the mirror, she felt his presence around. She looked around and felt similar loneliness and silence that she has learnt to live with.

Meera took her purse lying on bed and walked out of the room. Her Maa was waiting for her at breakfast. She knew it was Friday, the day which gave Meera a hope. And the only day where she feels like dressing up and walking out of the room her captivity. Only day when Gayatri Devi, Lady of the house gets some time to spend with her daughter in law.

Maa Good Morning.. Meera greeted her mother in law with slight smile on her face.

Good Morning meera, you are looking beautiful my dear… Gayatri replied to her with a compliment which Meera acknowledged with another smile. She took her seat next to her Maa and next few minutes passed in awkward silence as both took their meals.

Maa I am going out today, I might get late. Don’t wait for me at dinner please.

Gayatri knew this was coming but she now she had learned to live with this routine.

Sure dear. Just take care of yourself and don’t be too late. It just not too safe at late hours.

Meera nodded as she got up and kissed her Maa’s forehead.

Don’t worry

She said and went out as Gayatri looked at her thinking about worries she had and infact is living with each day of her life.

At the other end of the city , Shekhar was getting ready for office. He knew that she will come again in a hope and he will get sometime to see her and some time just to be with her.

Ma , I will be late today .Some urgent work there so don’t wait for me at dinner.

Shekhar said to his old mother who was as usual busy with her household work. Hearing shekar she looked at him with a concern.

You will meet her today again right… asked his mother.

I have to go Ma. He left her question unanswered. He didn’t know why he waits always for this day in week just in hope that one day Meera will realize.