Chapter 6

Gold shot a glare at him before looking back at me with a soft expression.

I decided to blame his actions on the alcohol. I knew had been drinking because you could smell it when he walked in the room.

One of the nurses came in and ushered him out of the room. Then went over to a group of nurses. Occasionally one of them would glance over at me. They looked like they where fighting about something.

Finally one came in, "When you came in yesterday there was extensive damage to your lower abdomen."

She was being so formal. It scared me. I looked over at Gold, and he seemed a bit nervous also.

"We where able to repair all of the major damage," the nurse continued, "but."

That word rang in my head. But. How could such a simple word have such an impact on a person.

The nurse took a deep breath. "Honey," she looked up at me, "you won't be able to have children."

I thought I was going to throw up. I had never really thought that much about it before, but eventually I did want to settle down and have kids.

I looked over at Gold. I was looking for something, I'm not sure what, maybe reassurance, but that's definitely not what I got. His face was filled with pure anger.

The nurse must have noticed too because she immediately left the room.

"I need to go." He stood up, "I have some business to take care of."

Then it snapped. He was going to find the man who hit the car, "Rumple, please."

He stopped and slowly turned to look at me, "What did you call me." His expression had changed. I couldn't read it anymore.

"Rumple. Remember when we where at your shop. I said you looked like a Rumple. I.. I just thought..." I trailed off.

He walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. "You can call me that if your like dearie."

It seemed odd and out of place, but also comforting.

-------------------------------------------------------
Gold's POV

The doctor let her go that day. The medical practice in this town is awful. When we got home she changed then I helped her onto the couch and put in a movie for her.

"Can we have popcorn?" Her voice was so soft from the lack of energy. It was so cute.

"Of course." I walked to the kitchen. I was almost there when there was a knock at the door.

I rolled my eyes and turned around heading for the door. The person knocked again, louder.

"I'm coming!" I snapped.

Y/N let out a small, short lived laugh.

I swung open the door. My eyes widened. "Belle?"

"Rumple!" She hugged me. The force pushed me back into the house. "I heard you where in a car accident. Are you ok?"

I walked around her and shut the door. Y/N was sitting in the living room, witch was right off the front entrance. She could hear and see everything that was going on.

"What did she call you?" I heard her soft voice behind me.