Chapter 3

*Bzzzt* "Whaa?..." *Bzzzt* "Huh? oh, just Zeke.." Looking at my phone, I realized I slept until 3:30 in the afternoon. I read the text message and it said 'Hey, do u think we could have a picnic 2day?' Nice spelling. I thought to myself. Texting back I wrote, 'Idk, I have some stuff planned if you want it to be another latenight one like usual.'

I got up and got my things for a shower. After I was done getting dressed, I checked my phone and got a text from Zeke. "Actually, I wanted to spend some time with u 2night around midnight?' I thought I saw you sneaking out of your room lastnight. But then you went in the forest.' I texted back with a little disapointment. 'Sorry Zeke, I actually have something planned tonight..' I tossed my phone down on my bed and brushed my hair, thinking about the dark male I saw last night then I got a vision.

Three wolves fighting, blood everywhere, the image becomes more clear, Jace sinks his teeth into the dark males scruff. The dark male broke free and attacked Rikash. "NOOOO!!" I scream but they cant hear me. Rikash howls and attacks Jace, then my wolf comes in and they all stop and stare, wondering whom I will finally choose to be my mate.

"Lyla! Wake up Lyla!" "Wha... Whats happening?" My eyes were so blurry. "What time is it?" I asked, its almost 6:30 hun, did you have another vision? What was it about? The wolves again?" My auntie asked eagerly. "Auntie, ill be fine just as long as I eat something..." "Okay darlin' ill go get you some food and water."

~~~

9:30, Perfect timing, I thought, time to go. I Got a bag this time, and jumped out my window, putting a rock in the opening so it doesnt shut, then I sprinted into the woods removing my clothes so I could change. After I was done getting undressed, I shifted to my wolf self, and grabbed my bag. My bag kept hitting me as I ran, so I ran back towards my house to a tree I used to climb as a child and dug a hole to put my bag in. Then I ran into the woods and towards the camp.

*Sniff* I breathed in and caught a few familiar scents, the path Rikash and I took yesterday, Leftover food, thrown away hours ago, and two male wolves. One familiar, Rikash, coming from the West, a few hundred yards away, following me like he said. And another faint, but yet reminded me of the dark male the night before. Coming from the North, 'an ambush or test maybe?' I thought to myself. As his scent got stronger, I caught a glimpse of his fur darting away to the North of me, a small fear scent rising up from him.

I ran forward looking for the mysterious male catching a glimpse of his tail every so often. 'Stop!' Rikash screamed the order in my head, making me stop in my tracks and have my ears down. I heard pawsteps to my left, RIkash, and someone running towards me on my right. "Drake! Stop!" Rikash yelled, but it was to late. "Drake NO!" I glanced at Rikash for just a second, and something big hit me and landed right on top of me. I snarled and bared my teeth at the male as he stood on top of my side, holding me down.

"You can't claim her yet Drake! It isn't time and she isn't even part of the pack yet!" Rikash yelled at the dark wolf named Drake. Rikash ran and jumped over me, crashing into the dark male kicking up a cloud of dust. I didnt see much but I heard alot, snarling, yelling and screams of pain. "Enough!" I yelled, and they settled down, still growling and showing their teeth. "SIT" I said deeply, they pricked their ears and sat down in astonishment of my ease of authority. "Now, what in the world just happened here?" I asked questionably. It was Rikash who spoke first, but the dark male sneezed his objection.

Rikash started again. "He's trying to claim you already, so he could have you all to himself." "I'm just suprised she hasn't figured out you're trying to go after also. I just feel like i'm a better candidate for her rather than you or Jace." Drake said it so fast, I had to go over it in my head once more to figure out what he actually said. "Wait, claim me? Whats that supposed to mean?" I said accusingly to Drake. He spoke out, "And yet you havent noticed the way they look at you or how they talk to you. Like last night when you asked for a ride home, Rikash here was so happy you asked him, he came home and bragged that you kissed him on the forehead as a thanks for the ride." Drakes' voice was so attractive, it also made him seem attractive.