What Are Friends For

Gryffindor and Slytherin house had a joint class of charms which gave Celeste the opportunity to have a little chat with Harry, Ron and Hermione. She joined Draco, Crabbe and Goyle afterwards.

Professor Flitwick, their charms teacher was a dwarf. He has a bushy beard and seemed to be quite friendly. A very small old man would be the most suitable way to describe him. "One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers? Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone." Everyone​ mimicked his wand movements. "The swish and flick. Good. And enunciate Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." Celeste noticed how he pronounced the 'O' in Leviosa. It was clear that the emphasis on the 'O' should be more than that on the other letters of the charm.

"Wingardium Leviosaaa!" Draco dragged the last 'A', failing to levitate the feather. "Wingardium
Leviosa-aaaah!" Draco seemed frustrated when he got zero outcome. Most of the other students were clearly struggling with the same problem.

Ron and Hermione weren't far away from where Celeste was sitting. "Wingardium Leviosar. Wingardium Leviosar!" Ron whacked his wand several times on his feather. Hermione rolled her eyes at him, " Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's LeviOsa, not Leviosar." She emphasised on the 'O'.
"You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on." Ron seemed annoyed.

Hermione straighted up and swished her wand, "Wingardium LeviOsa!" She said in a posh voice. Her feather glowed and levitated. She directed the feather's direction using her wand.

Celeste smiled and swished her wand, "Wingardium LeviOsa." Her feather shot up in the air and she too was controlling her feather's movement.

"Oh well done!" Look here everyone! Ms. Granger and Ms. Black has done it!" Professor Flitwick squeaked. Ron looked at Hermione in disgust. He slammed down his head on his books. Draco on the other hand, was full of surprise. "Bloody hell. How?" He mouthed. "It's LeviOsa, mate." Celeste shrugged. "That's what I said." Draco muttered.

Suddenly there was a big blast. "I wonder who that was." Celeste said sarcastically. Draco smirked and Ron high fived Celeste, jumping up to her.

" I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor." Harry said, feeling bad for Seamus.

When the class ended, Celeste joined Harry, Ron and Neville. " It's Leviooosa, not Leviosaaar!Honestly, she's a nightmare. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!" Ron mimicked Hermione, making fun of her. Just as Celeste was about to protest, Hermione ran, pushing past them. A small sniff was heard as she rushed. "I think she heard you." Harry said apologetically. "You don't say?" Celeste scoffed, running towards Hermione.

"Hermione! Wait! Please!" Celeste called out but Hermione didn't stop. Hermione rushed towards ​the girl's bathroom, locking herself in one of the cubicles. "Hermione! Please!" Celeste begged. "Go away! No wonder I don't have any friends." Hermione sobbed. "Ron's a bloody wanker, Mione. Please, just come out." Celeste said gently. "No! Leave me alone!" Hermione shouted. "I'm not going anywhere!" Celeste yelled back. "Fine!" Hermione cried. The two didn't talk after. Celeste quitely said beside the cubicle which Hermione was in. She silently listened to her sobs. Hermione kept muttering things to herself, Celeste couldn't understand her, no matter how hard she tried.

The mumbling stopped after a little while but the sobs continued. Celeste sighed. Her stomach growled a bit, but she wasn't leaving Hermione alone.

After what felt like hours, Hermione finally stepped out of the cubicle, wiping her tears. "You're still here?" She looked at Celeste in disbelief. "Yeah, we're friends, aren't we? I couldn't leave you alone here." Celeste smiled. "Come on then. Let's get some supper." Hermione said, smiling uncontrollably.

Suddenly, a giant troll emerged from the bathroom door. It was carrying a huge distorted club and was extremely ugly, nonetheless, scary. "Aaaahh!" The two girls screamed and rushed back into a stall. The troll smashed the stall with its club, making the girls scream even louder.

Just then, Harry and Ron came bursting in the bathroom. "Help! Help!" Celeste and Hermione cried. The two boys stated throwing broken bits of walls at troll. " Hey, pea brain!" Ron threw wood which hit the troll on head. Celeste and Hermione escaped from the stalls to under a sink, but the troll saw them move towards them to smash them, but misses and the sink cracks instead.

Harry rushed towards the troll,his wand out ready. The troll hold of Harry and shook him, Harry somehow managed to climb it's head, the troll shook his head, then finally grabbed Harry's foot and swung him upside down in the air. Harry's wand went up the troll nose. "Eww!" Celeste cringed from under the sink and Ron from the other end of the room.

The troll attempted to hit Harry on the head, but Harry swished up and escaped the hit. "Do something!" He yelled at Ron. "Like what!?" Ron screamed. "Anything! Just hurry!" Harry again dodged the troll's club. Ron took his wand out. "Remember, swish and flick!" Hermione reminded. "Wingardium Leviosa!" Ron perfectly pronounced the charm and the troll's club levitated. The troll looked up as his club levitated above his head. Ron let go of it and it hit the troll on his head, knocking him down. "Cool." Ron mouthed.

"Is.... Is it dead?" Hermione asked as the two girls approached towards them. "I don't think so." Harry said, taking his wand out of the troll's nose. "Ew! Troll bogies!"

Suddenly Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape and Professor Quirrell came rushing in the bathroom. They all gasped when they saw the faces of four first years and a knocked out troll.

"Oh! Oh, my goodness! E-Explain yourselves, three of you!" Prof McGonagall said, not looking at Hermione.
"We umm, we err-"
"It's my fault, Professor McGonagall." Hermione cut Celeste. All of them gaped. The teachers looked at Hermione in disbelief.

"Ms. Granger?" Prof McGonagall questioned still unsure. " I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If Harry, Celeste and Ron hadn't come and found me...I'd probably be dead." Hermione justified.

"Be that as it may...it was an extremely foolish thing to do.
I would have expected more rational behaviour on your part, Ms. Granger. 5 points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment. As for you three of you, I just hope you realise how fortunate you are. Not many students could take on a full grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. 5 points...will be awarded to each of you. For sheer dumb luck." Prof McGonagall stated and left with Snape.

"Perhaps you ought to go...M-might wake up...heh." Prof Quirrell stuttered. Celeste found him really creepy yet funny and giggled a bit.

"Good of you to get us out of trouble, by the way." Harry said gratefully to Hermione. "Mind you, we did save her life!" Ron exclaimed. "Mind you, she might not have needed saving if you hadn't insulted her!" Celeste retreated. Ron thought for a while, then smiled at Hermione, "What are friends for?"