Chapter Seventeen - Goodnight

I walked back to my room, my dad's words still echoing in my mind.

You baby him too much. He needs to learn to follow the rules once in a damn while.

I collapsed onto my bed, not bothering to close the door.

I just stared at my ceiling. Light was entering through my doorway, so I closed my eyes, trying again to fall asleep.

I don't know how long I did that, but it didn't work. I just could not go to sleep.

Someone was walking down the hallway.

My light turned on, and I saw my mom standing in the doorway, a plate in hand. "Nick? I made you a PB&J sandwich."

Oh.

"I-is the bread vegan?" I asked. I don't want to seem like a whiny bitch, but I guess that's what I sound like.

"Yeah, I checked," my mom said as she walked over to my bed. I sat up, and she set the plate on the bed.

"Thank you," I told her.

She smiled. "You're welcome, Nick," she said and walked out.

I looked at the sandwich and took out my phone. I Googled how many calories were in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Around 350.

That's not too bad, I guess.

I picked the sandwich up, starting to eat it. Within fifteen minutes, it was gone.

Okay, so what did I eat today? Cereal, a Pop-Tart, and a sandwich.

That's not that bad.

I took the plate and got up, going to the kitchen. I put the plate in the sink and went to the bathroom to wash my hands.

I started washing my hands, and looked up in the bathroom mirror.

I still look disgusting. Hell, I looked worse.

I looked back down and turned off the sink, drying my hands on the towel hanging from the stand.

I exited the bathroom and went back to my room, sat on the bed and picked up my phone.

Johnny had texted me. What the fuck do you want now? I just saw you! Stop socializing with me when I can barely handle being part of a conversation!

Friggin' hell, Johnny.

From Johnny: I FOUND IT

To Johnny: What the hell did you lose now?

From Johnny: Nothing. I found something that will make you laugh

He sent me a video link.

I sighed before clicking on the video. Some parts I found funny, so I either smiled or quietly laughed a little.

To Johnny: Okay motherfucker, you win

When it said he read it, he immediately called me.

I rolled my eyes and accepted, pressing the phone up to my ear.

"Yes?"

"Say it," he said.

"Say what?"

"Say that you laughed."

"Why?"

"'Cause I'm making it my ringtone."

Of fucking course you are.

"You're so narcissistic, god."

He laughed.

"I bet you don't even know what that word means, do you?" I asked him.

"It means vain, right?"

"It means self-centered and egotistical. Basically means that you only care about yourself."

"How does even that relate to me?"

"Because you want me to admit defeat so you can have some delusional sense of satisfaction."

"Damn, okay, Nick," he laughed.

"Yeah, whatever. Is that all you wanted?"

"Basically, yeah."

"And here you are denying your narcissism."

"I never denied anything!"

"You implied it, though."

"When? I need a full essay, complete with an intro, two body paragraphs, evidence with citations, a counterclaim, a conclusion, and a bibliography."

"This is a phone call, Johnny. There is no evidence! At least none that I can write down."

"Well..."

"Are you aware that you're losing this argument?"

"Didn't know that we were arguing."

"Well, I'm not doing an essay. With or without evidence."

"Eh."

This conversation is pointless. Completely and absolutely pointless.

"I'm hanging up on you, bye."

"Wai—"

I hung up before he could say anything else.

He immediately texted me afterwards.

From Johnny: That was mean

To Johnny: I'm a mean person, I guess

From Johnny: You're vegan you can't be mean

To Johnny: That has nothing to do with each other

From Johnny: I don't care

To Johnny: You really need to work on your debating skills

From Johnny: Nah

I shook my head slightly and put my phone back on the nightstand. Johnny texted me about two more times after that, but I just ignored it.

I felt emotionally and physically drained.

He fucking texted me a shit ton more times, so I picked the phone back up to see what he had to say.

From Johnny: Hello

From Johnny: Nick

From Johnny: You there

From Johnny: Are you okay

From Johnny: Are you ignoring me

From Johnny: Nvrmnd

Do you think it's cool to just take out all of the vowels in a word? Does that make you "cool"?

From Johnny: ??? Are you there

To Johnny: I'm going to bed

From Johnny: Oh ok

O-k-a-y. It's not that hard to spell.

From Johnny: Goodnight

To Johnny: Goodnight

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

It's like, 4 AM so yay me for having a fucked up sleeping schedule that ends up with me getting sleep-deprived 12/7 times. :))))