Chapter 24

"You have to make it hard for me don't ya?" He mutters under his breath.
He won't do it. Yesss!

And without warning he leans forward. Oh no. What have I done!?
He plants a soft kiss on my lips. Stopping time.
All the chatter from the boys in the room goes deathly silent. Oh no. What did I get myself into?
Heat prickles my cheeks.
Why did Peter Pan have to steal my first kiss?
Why him?
I can dwell on this later.
The moment is trapped, and then he pulls away and stands up straight.
"There I proved you were wrong." He says as if nothing ever happened. "Accept your fate Wendy Darling, you are wrong." He says a sly smirk appearing on his face.
"No." I say and sit up straighter. He turns around to face the boys, who all either are shocked with their mouths open or silly smirks creeping into them.
"And she still puts up a wall." He states loudly. The boys snap back to reality and some gather in small groups whispering while others cheer along with Pan.
"Well, I'm hungry so let's eat!" He yells and they all gather in a cheer and walk over to the seats that are placed around the table, I am in my seat and so I don't need to move.
I just sit there awkwardly.
The kiss meant nothing to me or him. It was a challenge. But I must admit it was a good first kiss- I mean you read stories about horrid kisses, this was not one of them. But why him? Stupid me.

Griffin places bowls of food in front of the hungry eyes of the boys. Their hands reach in grabbing at the food. I reach out and grab a brunch of food and load it onto my plate.
"So Wendy..." Emmet interrupts my eating he raises his eyebrows at me in a motion as if to say 'so Wendy you and Peter.' No honey, sorry not possible.
"No, never." I say turning to face him.
"Alright..." he says turning back to eating his food. Why would someone assume such a thing? It's silly, it's a game. Pan knows that and I know that.

*****

After the meal the rain slowly stops and we all exit the tent to inspect the mud and mess it's made. I walk over to a tree that appears to be absolutely soaked in water. I start to pick at the tree in hopes of making bark come off. I am interrupted by a presence that stands next to me. "What Pan?" I ask still focused on chipping away at the tree.
"Oh before I forget - the kiss meant nothing." I say in confidence. He chuckles, I turn to him slightly confused as to why he chuckled.
"Good, because it's all part of the game Wendy. It meant nothing to me and it obviously meant nothing to you." I nod pleased with his response.
"In fact, why would anyone ever want to kiss someone like you?" He asks gazing up into the tree tops. Of course he must be so rude.
"Because unlike you Peter, I am kind." I say with a smile. And with that I turn to chipping away at the tree again. "Here's a tip, that's for birds." And with that he disappears from beside me. Okay, I am not a bird yet I am picking away at a tree. Proving the odds.

After the inspection of what rain did to everything we all gather in the tent to discuss the days plans. Peter stands on a chair and overlooks all of us. As always he wants the power.
"As you all know it rained. It is not supposed to rain. Never. But it has stopped, so for today we are not going hunting as we planned but we are going to go to pixi hollow and stock up in our pixi dust." He exclaims, the boys as always erupt into cheers. Why are they always cheering?

We all file out of the tent and into the now very hot and sunny forest, my dress and hair are almost dry and so this new wether will speed up the process. The before muddy ground is now dry and there is not a hint of dampness, this place drys very quickly, I guess it's magic related.

Theo walks beside me, "what is 'pixi hollow'?" I ask him, glancing at him but then returning my eyes to ahead of me. "It's where the fairies live." He says glancing at me. I nod, fairies. Interesting.