Chapter 14

Scott's POV

I still wanted to have Kirstie trust me, since there seems to be a huge lack of that.

I want us to be friends, even if her and Mitch were at odds.

Nearing the end of the school day, it was my last hour. History. Kirstie was in the same class as I, she even sat in front of me.

The bell rang as I sauntered into the classroom and I placed my books on my desk, sitting down. A few moments later, Kirstie walked down the row to her seat, her eyes never meeting mine.

She's avoiding me.

I put my pen in my mouth in confusion as the reach began the lesson, talking about the revolutionary war, or something.

I gained enough confidence to write something down on a piece of paper and tapped Kirstie's shoulder, giving her the note.

She abruptly turned around, glaring at me and looked down at my hand, which held the note. I saw her face twitch a bit, clearly a mood change as she slowly took the paper out of my hands. Kristie then turned back into her seat, and I heard the crumple of paper opening up.

The note said:

Kirstie, please just talk to me. It doesn't have to be about what happened between you and Mitch. Like I've said, I'm here for you.

I saw her scribble something on the note and passed it back to me, saying:

And like I've said, thanks for the counseling session. I'm not gonna get in trouble because you have a crush on me, so stop.

I sighed, shaking my head.

Sassy.

I gave her back the paper, which had a new note on it from me.

Come on. Why won't you talk to me? Is it because of Jeremy?

I heard he give off a huff and the familiar sound of paper crumpling once again. She didn't write back. And she just wasted some really nice paper.

Taking out another piece of paper, I began to write:

You don't need to explain what goes on between you and Jeremy behind closed doors to me on a note. There's a reason why I have a car and there's a coffee shop in town. Meet me after school?

Once again, I tapped her shoulder and handing her the note. Although this time, she didn't even bother to look up at me.

I could tell she read it though, and she simply placed the paper down in her desk.

-

The bell rang, signaling the end of the day.

I would usually pick up Mitch, but his mother called him in sick today as he has a cold.

A cold. In March. In Texas.

He was probably just too lazy to keep to school today.

Anyways, I went over by my locker to drop off my school stuff and I felt the presence of someone next to me.

It was Kirstie.

"Oh, Kirstie," I said with a questioning tone, I didn't really expect her to approach me.

"Glad to know you're happy to see me," she remarks with a sly smile.

"I didn't mean it like-"

"Yeah yeah," she interrupted. "You asked me to go to the coffee shop with you?"

"You're actually coming? I thought you wouldn't,"

"Well, I just figured since you want to be a friend, I'll allow it," she says.