Introductory (Prologue)

Spotted: Blond and brunette.

Liam's eyes remained fixated on the four words, the cursor appearing and fading with each passing second. There was a sense of reluctance there, but there was also that burn compelling him forward; compelling him to type out the revelations that hung at the tip of his tongue. His mind held the memories of all the details, the way the blond was apprehensive to make his way inside the dorm; how it took a few flirtatious whispers and sweet nothings in order for the brunette to reel him in, leaving behind their hushed giggles and the images of their rosy cheeks. Liam remembered how he watched in complete surprise as the two, familiar boys closed the door behind them, but not before molding into one another's arms and commencing to their chaste kisses.

Liam had always been a sucker for a good scandal, something that would leave his ears pressed against the door for more; something that would allow his eyes to analyze and examine unsubtly; something that would drive him into a squeal, dashing away from the scene until he was safe behind the door of his own dorm, back pressed against the door as he slid down in relief. It was exhilarating, the thrill of almost getting caught; the thrill of actually longing for the day he would get caught and knowing he never would. If the walls could speak, they would tell of how he had somewhat mastered his craft, how he slithered around the university with ease; a mere collector of many secrets. But it wasn't enough. He wasn't willing to settle. The complexity of withholding every detail within his mind was overwhelming; mind ready to tip over and let loose a hurricane of astonishing confessions.

The blond's arrival was timely, the first of what would go on to be plenty. Their kisses were chaste and their hugs were anything but short. I'd say a love affair is brewing, or has been for quite some time. And I know a certain someone who wouldn't be happy to know that his brunette lover has secretly found another. xoxo - Gossip Boy

Sending out the message was the icing on the cake, a complacent smile upon his lips at the thought of numerous cellphones chiming, each student at Bradford University enticed and puzzled by the message they received; however, Liam knew it would only prompt them. It would prompt the majority of them to take notice of his website and become regulars, become addicts like those who crave on a daily dosage of caffeine; and Liam was the drug; Liam and his revelations; Liam and his keen eyes and curious nature. Then there was that portion that would be on edge, hoping that their secrets were best kept to themselves, hoping that they, too, wouldn't be exposed.

And it was that following day that Liam held a crying Niall in his arms as the blond whined about someone breaking his heart; the way they hid in one of the bathroom's stalls, nothing but more sweet nothings and quiet whimpers coming from Niall. Liam thought it was all too ironic, but he couldn't bring himself to actually empathize with what was going on with his best friend, for he had been the fuel added to the fire, that untamed flame that traveled outside of its boundaries and shook the whole campus of Bradford up. There was a sense of accomplishment there, head nearly held up high at the mere thought of everyone watching their own backs. Liam could only run a hand through the blond fringe and assure him that everything would be fine in due time. He could only dwell on the image of seeing Harry and his boyfriend, Louis, holding hands in the hall, watching as Niall took notice, pain and envy worn on his face; and Liam was sure Harry had confessed those three words to Niall, accompanied by mind-blowing intimacy. Why else would the blond be so attached? Liam knew that Harry was playing it smart, now dedicating even more time and attention to Louis, in order to prevent himself from looking like the culprit.

And it was the imagery of seeing his best friend broken that fueled Liam's ambition and sparked his second entry. Spotted: Walking down the hall, hand in hand, a soon-to-be scorned lover and his cheating man.

A board full of pawns, and this was Liam's game.

_
Author's Note: short, but it's just the introduction. I hope you all enjoy what's to come :) xo