"How did you think of all those details?" He laughed.

"I dunno," I said, turning away, blushing a little bit. "That's my favorite outfit on you. It's edgy yet casual with a little hipster flare."

"Well now I gotta take these damn contacts out." Ashton said, followed by a laugh.

...

We pulled up to our school around 7:00, with a decent amount of time to spare. I was more awake now, but I really didn't feel like being around all the people that probably hate me. If they don't hate me, which I bet they do, they hate Ashton, which makes me hate them even more. Yeah, there's lot's of hate floating around here.

The car came to a stop in one of the spots in the student parking lot, and I was hesitant to step out. It's amazing; I used I love school, but now I fucking despise it. "Brooke," I heard Ashton's voice beside me. I looked over to see he had already gotten out, slinging his backpack over his right shoulder. He nodded towards the school, gesturing me to follow him, and he shut the door. I sighed, but got out as well, instantly wrapping my arm around his as we walked in.

It could have just been my mind playing tricks on me...but I swear to god, it felt like there were at least 20 pairs of eyes looking at us as we walked into the courtyard. I don't really know why it looked like that, but it sure felt like it. I looked onto the ground, and watched Ashton and I's feet as we walked alone, towards the tree.

"Ash," I said quietly. "Are people staring?" I looked up at him, as his eyes narrowed behind the big lenses of his glasses as he looked around. He shook his head, furrowing his eyebrows as he looked down at me.

"No," He replied. "But if they do, I'll fucking pop their faces off."

His comment made me laugh, wrapping my arm tighter around his and shaking off that weird feeling I had. You know that feeling you sometimes get, when you think everyone's watching you? I guess that's what made my skin crawl a little, but I guess no one was staring at us. Well good. Fuck that, right?

We both remained quiet, and now I think we were both stealthily looking around, as if we were both paranoid people were actually staring at us. I looked to where Nick's group of douchey friends usually hang out, but I only saw a couple of them. They didn't look like they were very interested in us, as they just talked amongst themselves. I peered to the other side of the courtyard, and my heart sank as I saw Jessie, along with Amanda and Abby. They were far away, but I could still hear Jessie's fake ass laugh. I heard a sigh come from next to me, and I looked over to see Ashton looking at her, a frustrated look in his eyes. I was about to ask what was on his mind, but we had approached Michael and Calum who sat on the bench near the tree.

"Where the fuck did you people go?" Calum laughed.

"California." I replied as if it was no big deal, which made Ashton laugh.

"How was that?" Michael asked. He looked over to Ashton, and he raised his eyebrows at him. Ashton looked at him, and shot him a look that said 'oh my god Michael don't bring up what I think you're gonna bring up.'

"Have you ever been there?" Ashton asked excitedly. Michael and Calum both shook their heads, and Ashton groaned. "Oh my fucking god it's so perfect. When we're famous we have to go there like, all the time."

"When we're famous." Calum said sarcastically.

"Yes Calum," Ashton laughed. "When we're famous."

...

I walked out of fourth period for lunch, scanning the area for anyone of our group of friends. I pushed past the crowds of students as each class filed out to the courtyard, and I couldn't see anyone. I headed to the tree to wait for someone to show up, and I sat down on the bench. I knew Ashton's fourth period was like, way across the school, and he's usually 5 minutes late to get here. I folded my arms over my chest and let my eyes wander around, focusing on different groups of people as they walked past, talking between themselves. I stared down at my feet that tapped against the cement, and I wasn't really paying attention to much as I waited.