Chapter 50-The cure

"Well I guess we can now say that it's that time of the month," grins Beelzebub.

Dave looks at the infected Sheba and grimaces. He tries to pinch himself, telling himself that it is nothing but a dream but it isn't. She's infected and there is no cure.

"Sheba I know you're in there and I need you to tell me that you're still in there."

Sheba tries to speak but nothing comes out this time. Sheba's middle claw grows longer as she steps closer to Dave.

"Don't do this Sheba."

Sheba's heart cracks a little as he pauses. More of the human self is leaving and soon, nothing will stop her from killing her loved ones. Elisa, please hurry!

✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡

Elisa races with the others towards the center of Chicago. People are all over the place but soon this will be nothing but food for the infected. "We need to get these people to safety."

"How? They won't listen to you," says Angelica.

"I don't know, but we need to try."

Suddenly an explosion shakes the underground and Elisa looks at his watch.

"It's too late. They're everywhere."

Just as he said that the sewer plates burst open and thousands of flying infected fill the air. People scream and run for cover.

 "Curse Beelzebub."

Elisa presses his fingers to his lips and whistles.

"They will be here in several minutes. Right now we need to find a place to get ready for this battle."

Elisa quickly grabs a couple and moves them away from the chaos. Angelica fires away at the incoming infected while the lions keep Elisa safe.

Elisa hurries back and looks at the lions. "Can't you guys fly or something."

The lions look at each other and suddenly metallic wings appear from their backs, matching their color. "Really?! You didn't tell us earlier when we needed that," shouts Angelica.

"For our defense, you didn't ask."

Angelica shakes her head at them before sending her sword into an infected eye. The lions fly into the sky and rip open the infected making a bloody mess in the sky.

Elisa looks at and watches as the sky begins to turn a dark purple.

"We need more time," says Elisa.

✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡

Bob sees the building but stops at the stop light. Come on! I need help! Suddenly he sees more infected fly into the sky and he slams on the gas. He heads straight into the building, knowing that he will get fired if the manager is still alive.

People scream and run away from the infected. Bob opens the door, regretting his decision as he feels a head-splitting headache. He gets out and rubs his head. He grabs a lot of chemicals and supplies to help him on this quest.

Suddenly a bald headed boy crashes through the building with an infected head by his side. "Hello," says the boy with a slight of a British accent.

"H-hello. I don't suppose you know what these things are do you?"

"Oh yes. Those are infected people with a virus that makes them. . . more fly like than human like. Kinda like The Fly in 1986."

"Oh, you saw that too. That's a classic. Anyway, the name's Bob and I need to get away from here."