“I’m listening” ‘I’m a pastor Journee.” “And you never let me forget it.” “What does that mean?” ‘It means thats what you say all the time.” “because I am and I take that very seriously.” “And I never sa..” Journee looked up.  She opened her mouth to speak but couldn’t before we caught in the rain. I grabbed her hand to hurry to he car but she didn’t move.

“Why are you running Ethan?” “Its pouring rain.” “Come on lets just walk. You’re not scared, are you?” “No I am not scared.” She extends her hand toward me and I took it into mine as we walked in the poring rain. In my mind, I am thanking God for this heavely moment he has blessed me to have with Journee.

We got to her house and rain is still coming down harder and storm has gotten worse.

I watched Journee unlock her door and I was about to pull off when she turned and faced me. Waving for me with her hand. I step out of my car only to hear her yelling at me. “Are you crazy Ethan? It is to bad to be driving. Get your ass in here right now.” I step back in the car to turn it off and ran inside her house. 

I watched Journee stare at me in a way I can’t explain. “I cany believe you were going to chance this weather.” “Are you worried about me?” “I don’t have a heart or feelings. I just don’t need your family and two wifes blaming me if something to you.” She walked off before I could say anything. She came back with towels for me and herself. She left again she was gone for a while. When she returned, she had on a short robe and tossed me white with pink pola dots. Go in my room and take your clothes off. I’ma wash and dry your clothes.”

Walking back, I see Journee trying to find something but all channels were out. At that moment, there was a loud boom and the power went completely out. “Looks like your stuck with me.” “In more ways than you know.” I say very lowly. “What was that Ethan.” “Nothing.”

We sat on the couch watching the lighting flash with only silence between us. “Journee, will you come with me Friday?” “Nope. I’m busy.” “Doing what.” “Not you so what does it matter.” “I plan to stay a virgin until I get married.” “That’s great asking blondie.” “I’m asking you.” “And I’m busy.” “Doing what.” “I have to work Ethan.” “Coma again.” “Yes, the weekends are my best.” “you mean your still stripping?” “I am I probably will for the next 5 years unless something happens. Like I break my leg or something.” “Journee how many kids do you want?” “I don’t want any more. My son has my heart and its in a better place and with a much more worth person.” “Journee” “Ethan I am not going to have kids with some job that has 401K plan four kids. No not me.” “How do you know?” “I’m going to bed. I’m done playing 21 questions with you.” “Please come with. Please” “Fine what ever, I’ll go. But I’m going to work after.” “That’s fine with me.” “Where are we going anyways?” “keep in mind you have already said yes.” “Yes fine, just tell me.” “To my parents”

“Hell, no Ethan. Fuck that shit.” “You said yes remember.” “I really hate you just so you know.” “Journee.” She ignored me and walked to her bed room. I waited a wile and followed. “Journee, I know your mad because I didn’t tell you but I really wanted you come with you. I have talked to my parents it won’t be like it was before.” She turned over in the bed looking right at me. “You promise.” “I do.” “I guess I can do it.” “May I sleep on your couch?” “Yeah you can.” “Good night Ethan,” “Good night Journee,”

** Journee**

{Friday}

Finishing getting dressed I got a text from Ethan saying he is on his way. I packed my bags for work since I will be going there after this dinner that I really don’t wana be at. I am brough out of my thoughs when I hear knocking on my door. I grab everything and open the door to see Ethan smiling.

“You look beautiful.” Thank you. you look very handsome.” “Thank you shall me go.” “yes, we shall.” The car ride we had conversations about any and everything.

“Journee before we go in I told my parents you were coming and there better not be a repeat of the last time.” “Thank you, Ethan. I’m thinking I should have bought me some peach vodka.” “Come on.”

Ethan knocked on his parent’s door and his dad answered. “Hey son, how are you? Journee nice to see you again.” He extended his hand out to me and I shook it with a smile and he had a smile on his face. Thinking to myself maybe this will not be so bad.

Walking into the house I am floored when I see Chole and her parents. I was ready to let Ethan have it until I saw his face. “What are y’all doing here.?” Ethan asked. “We are always here for thr Friday dinners.” “Come on Journee, lets go” “We are here its fine. Just ignor them like I plan to.”

About 15 minutes into eating the doorbell. “Mom who else is coming?” Ethan asked in an irritated tone. “I’ll get it Chloe said with a look on her face that I wanted to punch. “You do that dear.” Mrs. Harbin.

Chloe came back with a black couple. Looking at them both very hard the insides of me begin to crack. I try to breath but I fall apart even more. “Everybody say hello to Rayford and Vivian. Journee’s biologolal parents.” Chloe said with with a smug look on her face. I couldn’t move but I caught Ethan’s mom with the same smug look on her face.

“Oh, Ray and Vivian did y’all know your daughter is a stripper and prostitute.” “What. Viv, maybe we should have kept her. Started selling her about 14 or 15. Do you know how much we could have got off that sweet virgin pussy.” “I’m thinking a couple thousand.” Vivan said. 

“Journee” I look in sapparie eyes and see flashes of hurt and betrayal in his eyes. “So, my daughter is a strip whore. I must say I am completely disappointed in you.” “Ray I am to. She could have brought her whorey ass to work for us.” 

“THAT’S ENOUGH” Ethan yelled while everything inside of me shattered. Even my tears were broken.

Comment:

Vote: