My teeth sunk into my lower lip a bit as I glanced at the time on the corner of my laptop screen. It was almost seven in the evening, and without another thought, I picked up my phone and sent a text to Vera.

To: Vera Queen

Evening, Vera! How are you doing?

After composing the simple text and sending it, I waited for a few moments until my screen lit up with a reply.

From: Vera Queen

Hey! I'm good, thanks. What's up?

-

To: Vera Queen

I was wondering if you would like to hang out, maybe. If you're not busy, that is.

I was left waiting for a handful of minutes, and just when I was starting to get slightly worried that I might have asked her too soon, Vera had responded.

From: Vera Queen

Sure! But, Mr. Prince, you're gonna have to come over my place. It's Thursday which means my usual Chinese take-out and Grey's Anatomy at 8.

-

To: Vera Queen

Save me some chicken lo-mein :-)

Vera then sent me the address of her building, which I didn't technically need after having just scouring the complex online, along with her floor and flat number. Calling my security detail, Dave, I requested for him to get the car ready, opting against taking an Uber or a taxi in order to keep up the low profile I was attempting to maintain.

Swinging my feet off the bed and standing up, I shoved my phone and wallet in the back pockets of my jeans, wandering over to the closet and grabbing a coat to put on over the full sleeved dark grey sweater I was coming to love. After receiving a message from Dave that the car was ready, I made my way towards my bedroom door, pausing when I caught sight of the black fedora that sat on the dresser. Pursing my lips, I swiped the hat right off, settling it atop my head before making my way out of the flat and down to the underground garage the building had.

Minutes later, when I was settled in the backseat as Dave drove me to the building I had given him the directions for, I couldn't help but think to myself how so far, my cover hadn't been blown. Here I was, the Prince of England, practically frolicking around New York City and no one knew of it. Really, if people did happen to find out I was here, I doubt it would be the end of the world—so long as they don't uncover where I'm residing. Now that would be a horror show—especially when I'm considering to move out of the building that provides what's akin to maximum security. Sounds more like a prison, the more I think about it.

A ten minute drive later, Dave pulled up to the Morningside Heights building, parking the car before the two of us got out and headed inside. The lobby of the complex was much smaller—and emptier—than the one for the building I lived in; grey floors and walls with a doorman and a small seating area, as well as a doorway to what looked like a room full of mail boxes for the residents. Following Vera's directions, we headed straight for the lifts off on the left side and got in, pressing the button for the sixth floor.

As the lift moved up, I said to Dave, "you don't have to stay with me, mate. Do you mind if I just call you to pick me up when I'm done here?"

I glanced at my security detail; a man much older than Liam, probably in his early thirties, with broad shoulders and an inch or so taller that myself. His dirty blonde hair settled atop his head perfectly combed and eyes so light that they appeared grey. Dave, with his arms held in front of him, nodded once. "If that's what you want, sir, I don't mind."