Introduction

The cool air. Cool water on my back. Soft sound of birds and other animals do their own thing, making their own sounds,and not having to deal with anything or any one. I would like to be them but sadly I'm human. I'll take whatever kind of calm place I can get, that's why I'm lying in this big pond.

             It's so calm here.

Mom and Dad don't know about this place, they think it's dangerous outside doors. But all I see is beauty here.
Since monsters started to appear and kill people they told me to stay by them at all times. But I would like some alone time to relieve all this stress.

Before all the monsters there were problems.

-Mom would be gone for long nights.
-Dad would take his anger out on me.
-I did self harm, a.k.a. cut.

So as I said I need this.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard my mother scream my name.
Mom-"EVAN!!"
And just like that I opened my eyes to see my panicked mother. She grabs my arm and lifts me enough to throw me back on the ground.
I was going to ask what she doing when I saw it.One of those monster things were behind my mother as she was looking at me with worry and sadness as a tear went down her face. She couldn't escape!!
"MOM!! RUN!! MMMOOOOOMMM!!!!" I screamed for her to run but it was to late. The monster bit my mom all the way to her legs. It being 10 times her size,probably 35 feet.
I didn't know what to do.

   So I ran.

         I told Dad.

                   I got punished everyday.

                            I deserve it.

I was the one who caused her death.

I should have stayed and died with her.

(The monster that ate his mother)

*no monster pictures are mine unless I say it is and this one isn't*